Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Who ever said they won't kill you after they rob you? From everything I read, that happens quite a bit, whether or not you give them your money, watch, etc...
And ME having a gun would change that how?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
This topic is like pro-choice..pro-life. No winners, only losers. I respect the right to bear arms. I just can't envision riding and "packing".....lets see....gloves, check.....helmet, check....glock, check......Seems foreign to me. Something I couldn't envision. BUT, that's ok. Here in Canada, the criminals have the guns, and, they tend to shoot each other. In other countries, seems like the innocent tend to get shot....I guess it could be a master thesis, not likely resolved here, or, ever.

·
Registered
399 Posts
This topic is like pro-choice..pro-life. No winners, only losers. I respect the right to bear arms. I just can't envision riding and "packing".....lets see....gloves, check.....helmet, check....glock, check......Seems foreign to me. Something I couldn't envision. BUT, that's ok. Here in Canada, the criminals have the guns, and, they tend to shoot each other. In other countries, seems like the innocent tend to get shot....I guess it could be a master thesis, not likely resolved here, or, ever.
Excellent point.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Here is the inherent difference. Us "squeamish" Northerners would rather be robbed than kill. What's a couple of dollars compared to a human life.....some things just aren't worth killing over....well, nuff said.
If that's true, that is, indeed, quite a significant difference in mentality as once a criminal displays a weapon during the commission of a crime against me or mine, he/she has already demonstrated quite clearly a blatant disregard for my life and, through the criminal act itself, his or her own. At that point, the criminal has pretty much determined and sealed his or her own fate.

In any event, exactly how do you know that your proverbial "robber" isn't intending to do grievous bodily harm to you? Or are you just counting on the criminal's overall good nature to be happy with just taking your belongings and then go merrily along his/her way?

·
Registered
394 Posts

·
Banned
593 Posts
I just can't envision riding and "packing".....lets see....gloves, check.....helmet, check....glock, check......Seems foreign to me.
Well, so does sex at first!:D But, me? I feel foreign anytime I DON'T have a sidearm on my person. I carry it almost everywhere, all the time.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
if you need a gun to feel safe then good for you...but i dont .... just remember when you are reaching for that gun when someone already has one pointed at you HE will likely get the first shot off.....so the gun gets you killed and he has another gun he can put into the ..hands of another criminal......and if you pull a gun first YOU are the murdurer ...yup it may have save your life (or maybe just save you from a severe ass kicking) but anit gonna be much of a life behind bars...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
If that's true, that is, indeed, quite a significant difference in mentality as once a criminal displays a weapon during the commission of a crime against me or mine, he/she has already demonstrated quite clearly a blatant disregard for my life and, through the criminal act itself, his or her own. At that point, the criminal has pretty much determined and sealed his or her own fate.

In any event, exactly how do you know that your proverbial "robber" isn't intending to do grievous bodily harm to you? Or are you just counting on the criminal's overall good nature to be happy with just taking your belongings and then go merrily along his/her way?
Your right.
I just prefer to take a chance. Life is one great, big chance. I know there are odds and such, but, here, where I live, I've never, ever heard of someone committing a crime with a gun...ever. I swear, the people with guns shoot other people with guns....and here, in Canada, that makes both parties criminals to begin with....
I can't argue with your logic....

·
Banned
593 Posts
just remember when you are reaching for that gun when someone already has one pointed at you HE will likely get the first shot off
Where did you get that data? LOL - completely false. Guns are used daily by citizens defending themselves.

.and if you pull a gun first YOU are the murdurer ...
Ummm, no. In almost every jurisdiction in the United States, deadly force is lawful when used to defend against threats of bodily harm. If somebody breaks into my home, I don't need to see a gun to legally kill them. It's the law. ;)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Where did you get that data? LOL - completely false. Guns are used daily by citizens defending themselves.

Ummm, no. In almost every jurisdiction in the United States, deadly force is lawful when used to defend against threats of bodily harm. If somebody breaks into my home, I don't need to see a gun to legally kill them. It's the law. ;)
And "Stand Your Ground" is a wonderful thing...for outside of the home. Not only can it be used as a defense, but more frequently used as immunity from prosecution altogether, criminal and civil.

·
1,172 Posts
ok you go ahead and shoot someone who is not brandishing a weapon....see wher it gets you.....im glad some people think they can get away with shooting someone in defence of a simple assault

·
Registered
399 Posts
ok you go ahead and shoot someone who is not brandishing a weapon....see wher it gets you.....im glad some people think they can get away with shooting someone in defence of a simple assault
Stand Your Ground supports this too... Opponent doesn't have to be armed. You just have to feel as if harm is imminent. Wonderful, thing...

·
1,172 Posts
And "Stand Your Ground" is a wonderful thing...for outside of the home. Not only can it be used as a defense, but more frequently used as immunity from prosecution altogether, criminal and civil.
lets see how that stand you ground defence works for that guy in florida....who shot and killed an unarmed teenager....not working well so far as he has been charged with murder

·
Registered
399 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
^^^
I would advise becoming more familiar with the laws of the USA in regard to personal defense...i.e. stand your ground, Castle Doctrine, etc. before making any more statements such as that.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
lets see how that stand you ground defence works for that guy in florida....who shot and killed an unarmed teenager....not working well so far as he has been charged with murder
Yeah, an unarmed teenager who had ditched him in the shadows, but then came back around to kick some ass and show this guy a thing or two. Unfortunately, his plan backfired and he ended up paying the ultimate price for a really bad decision.

Here in the US, "charged with" doesn't mean guilty. We'll see how it ends up. I think he walks.

41 - 60 of 163 Posts