Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What performance upgrades can you do that won't void the warranty? I just bought my 2016 Vulcan classic LT May 1st and have about 930 miles on it and thinking about exhaust and intake but not sure what I can do that won't void my 6 yr factory warranty. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
136 Posts
When I talked to my dealer he said I can put anything I wanted on the bike, but they had to install it for warranty good. May have just been a way for them to try and get more money from me. I took my chances and installed my exhaust and fuel controller

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
When I talked to my dealer he said I can put anything I wanted on the bike, but they had to install it for warranty good. May have just been a way for them to try and get more money from me. I took my chances and installed my exhaust and fuel controller
That's just BS. The Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 allows you to do your own work on your vehicle, including doing your own installations, without voiding the warranty. Well, unless you screw something up, of course. Even then, if you have a warranty failure, the dealer and manufacturer have to prove that what you did or installed directly caused the failure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My next add will probably be Mustang seat then trying to plan the order of performance upgrades. Thinking about Cobra slashbacks exhaust with quiet baffles, Cobra PowrFlo, and tuner or ECU flash. That should get me where I want to be.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Best performance upgrade - a combination of Ivan's ECU flash, pipes and intake to suit your taste for power and sound.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went ahead and ordered Baron Big Air kit for my 2016 900 classic lt. Says no efi programming required with stock exhaust so hopefully it's one step closer to getting it how I want. When cash flow permits I'm gonna buy Cobra slashdown exhaust system and send ECU to Ivan for flash.

·
Registered
308 Posts
That's just BS. The Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 allows you to do your own work on your vehicle, including doing your own installations, without voiding the warranty. Well, unless you screw something up, of course. Even then, if you have a warranty failure, the dealer and manufacturer have to prove that what you did or installed directly caused the failure.
This is correct. Only if the add-on caused the problem is the warranty void, and then only on the failure caused by the add-on. The warranty on the rest of the vehicle is still valid.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input, my Baron big air kit shows Thursday delivery so I should know by Friday what difference it makes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts