Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just added the following to my VN900:
1. Vance & Hines Slash/Staggered Pipes

2. Cobra Fi2000 PowerPro - Fuel Processor, more expensive, but I didn't have to program or dyno it, automatically tunes 80 times per second for the best fuel/air mixture

3. Big Barron Air Kit

I'm very pleased with the performance of my VN900 now, the throttle response and low end torque is greatly improved.
I did all the work myself, It took me less than 2 hours to install these upgrades.

I recommend these upgrades to anyone whom want's increased performance.:D

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
with that power pro, i bet you it all runs like a dream.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PowerPro

whiting57,
I can't get over how well my VN 900 performs with the PowerPro.
I was considering selling it and getting a Mean Streak 1600, but now I'm very happy with my VN 900, so I will probably have it for at least 5 years.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
i thank Mr Ken Dawg who put me onto it when i added my hypercharger ... while it isnt the cheapest processor around, by the time you buy a power commander and get a dyno run, its well with in the $$$'s ball park.

While i still run stock pipes, I just wanted the bike to run well, it does exactly that, it pulls hard, runs smoother and does exactly as advertised. No maps, no popping and no Texas kawboy butt whipping for Ken (private joke) actually i might just have to buy him a beer.

A happy bike is a happy rider.

D

·
0 Posts
I got a similar setup. do you still have popping on deceleration? I asked at my LBS, they said its normal.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
It's interesting how forums differ on opinions. I have a Honda VTX1800 as well as my VN900 so am looking at the VTXOA forum as much as this one. Right now there's a big difference of opinion raging about the Powrpro over there. Seems the old-school boys don't want to consider this being anything more than a wet dream and those who are progressive thinkers and installed the unit are raving about it. Mine is waiting for me when I get back to the States in a couple of months. It's for my VTX and will take the place of my aging PCIII. I'll post the results here just as a point of comparison.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I agree. The Cobra Powerpro, my Cobra swept exhaust, and the Cobra intake I put on. Omg this bike went from scooter to beast. Now if I could only get a manly horn to go with it....hmmmmm

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just ordered a Cobra PowrPro to replace my G-man bully tuner.

For those guys that have the PowrPro, did you have another fuel tuner before?

Is there much of a difference in performance?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Did u get the black pipes? I'll be waiting 2 months if they come when they say?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree. The Cobra Powerpro, my Cobra swept exhaust, and the Cobra intake I put on. Omg this bike went from scooter to beast. Now if I could only get a manly horn to go with it....hmmmmm
I put the wolo bad boy air horn on mine last week. This thing is efn awesome, it was only like 35 bucks. It's a real head turner !!

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I put the wolo bad boy air horn on mine last week. This thing is efn awesome, it was only like 35 bucks. It's a real head turner !!

Same as the Stebel Nautilus, exactly. Love it when the Thai driver (without looking) thinks they're changing lanes into the path of an 18 wheeler.

·
Registered
38 Posts
900 Upgrades

I just put on new Cobra Speedster Longs - nice sound, nice look.
A new Granucci (Hale Bopp Long)
Memphis Pop-Top with No-Tool Trigger release.
Tuesday I get a PowerPro mixer and PowerPro (Black) air system.
I have the Progressive 465 (1" lower) shock. Not yet installed....going to set up an appointment for the Kaw dealer to do that set up.
And next is the decision on hard bags....
One of the WebStores told me they were going to have a 'bolt-on' gangster rear fender for the 900 soon. And it's something else I'm interested in.
2010 Classic. (Bought new last year - it was a unsold 'carry over'. )

Glad to hear the positive reviews regarding the PowerPro Mixer! After all it was a fist full of loot.

Now.....for some nice weather. (April in Rochester, NY can be crazy.)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just put on new Cobra Speedster Longs - nice sound, nice look.
A new Granucci (Hale Bopp Long)
Memphis Pop-Top with No-Tool Trigger release.
Tuesday I get a PowerPro mixer and PowerPro (Black) air system.
I have the Progressive 465 (1" lower) shock. Not yet installed....going to set up an appointment for the Kaw dealer to do that set up.
And next is the decision on hard bags....
One of the WebStores told me they were going to have a 'bolt-on' gangster rear fender for the 900 soon. And it's something else I'm interested in.
2010 Classic. (Bought new last year - it was a unsold 'carry over'. )

Glad to hear the positive reviews regarding the PowerPro Mixer! After all it was a fist full of loot.

Now.....for some nice weather. (April in Rochester, NY can be crazy.)
Sounds like some nice mods.

Who is going to have the new rear fender?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Reply from "meancycles.com"

Tang.....(hi)
This is a copy and paste from MEANCYCLES email - I received it on 2/27:

Hello,
Thanks for your inquiry. You could use a universal fender, but your seat will also had to be modified:
http://www.meancycles.com/store/parts/view.cfm?partID=196815
Within 2 months We'll have a bolt on version for the 900.
Regards,
JC
MeanCycles, Inc.
www.meancycles.com
[email protected]
305 255 5770

"Word for Word" as it was received.
....but as of yesterday I have not seen any Gangster Fender ad specifically for a 900 Vulcan.

And see, the thing is, I think the rear fender on the 900 is 10" wide.
OLDY's has these fenders that come in 7.25" and 9" and 11" and 12.5" and 13.5"....and they look like there might be a whole lot of work fitting one onto the 900 unit.
MEANCYCLES show an assortment of Arlen Ness (fiberglass and metal)....but it looks like they require plenty of work as well.....and none of the bunch shows a 10" unit...that would sit next to the existing fender struts for a simple assembly. I don't want to start hacking up some $300.00 generic fender and adding brackets...or whatever.

However, take a look at "Veronica's Bobber Build" ( - posted by some fella named "Newbie" posted 1/2012).
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/145711-veronicas-bobber-build-new-post.html

He's converting a 900 to Bobber...but in his 'before' photo (second picture) there's a gangster fender on a 900. Nice looking. With a Granucci seat.
I wrote to him asking about it - but I guess he bought it with that fender already attached and doesn't seem to know where it came from.
Although he did say it was a simple 'bolt-on" fit.
I want one!!

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
thats the fender i want on my 900 as well.... would go good with the flhx hardbags i am in the process of installing

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just replaced a set of Cobra Dragsters on my 900 with a V&H pro pipe. Amazing difference. More power, longer power curve. And no more ringing ears.
I also have had a BAK and an FI2000 on the bike for a while. I don't have the fi2000 dialed in yet, but that will take a few hours on the weekend to nail down.
Overall, extremely happy with the V&H. Nice rumble and not too loud.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
the op mentioned that at one point he was thinkin of trading in for a meanie.....well i was supprised to find out that a 900 with pipes/intake/processor and a proper tune makes around the same REAR WHEEL hp as a stock meanstreak....i have seen the dyno sheets posted!!!!!.....i think it may have been whitings57 that psoted them here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts