Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, June 2013
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, need a little help. I just purchased the performance machine super gas air cleaner through Twin Toyz, but it arrived with no instructions. Does anyone have experience with this air cleaner, if so please help. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Did you call PM to see if they normanly send instructions?
They should be able to email you a PDF file if it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hey guys, need a little help. I just purchased the performance machine super gas air cleaner through Twin Toyz, but it arrived with no instructions. Does anyone have experience with this air cleaner, if so please help. Thanks.
I have the same air filter kit. First you need to remove all the stock air box stuff. Both sides and the cross over tube between the cylinders. You need to disconnect the air temp sensor to remove the right side.

Then remove the front plate on the throttle bodies. 5 screws if I remember correctly. It has rubber velocity stacks on it. You don't re-use any of it. The kit comes with longer screws.

Remove the air temp sensor from the the stock air box. It needs to be mounted in the backplate of the new PM backplate. You'll see the hole for it.

Put some RTV around the mount area to seal the pieces to prevent air leaks. Mount the new backplate on the throttle bodies using the longer screws.

Connect the air temp sensor. I had to reroute the air temp connector over some wires for it to reach the new backplate once it was installed.

There are 5 long chrome allenhead screws and 5 chrome stand-offs. These, with the front ring, hold the air filter on. Install it.

You'll need to plug the AIS hose that was on the stock air box. Use what you can to plug it.

You'll also have to find a small filter to connect to the crankcase vent hose. I found one at Pep Boys for about $10.

Hope this helps. If not, PM me and I'll see what I can do to help more.:)

·
BOTM Winner, June 2013
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same air filter kit. First you need to remove all the stock air box stuff. Both sides and the cross over tube between the cylinders. You need to disconnect the air temp sensor to remove the right side.

Then remove the front plate on the throttle bodies. 5 screws if I remember correctly. It has rubber velocity stacks on it. You don't re-use any of it. The kit comes with longer screws.

Remove the air temp sensor from the the stock air box. It needs to be mounted in the backplate of the new PM backplate. You'll see the hole for it.

Put some RTV around the mount area to seal the pieces to prevent air leaks. Mount the new backplate on the throttle bodies using the longer screws.

Connect the air temp sensor. I had to reroute the air temp connector over some wires for it to reach the new backplate once it was installed.

There are 5 long chrome allenhead screws and 5 chrome stand-offs. These, with the front ring, hold the air filter on. Install it.

You'll need to plug the AIS hose that was on the stock air box. Use what you canm to plug it.

You'll also have to find a small filter to connect to the crankcase vent hose. I found one at Pep Boys for about $10.

Hope this helps. If not, PM me and I'll see what I can do to help more.:)
Thanks a lot, I should be ok with this information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts