Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings;
I'm new to this forum and enjoy all the useful info out there pertaining to the 1700 VV. I currently ride a 2010 red/black VV; ok, ok, Metallic Diablo Black / Metalic Imerial Red. It's a different ride after coming off of a 1800 Goldwing; I seems that I didn't 'fit' the 1800 GW; but thats another story. But, i was wondering if anyone has installed a performance cam and what was the results; better performance & fuel economy? Being a gearhead; one is always looking for that extra bit of performance with out going over the edge.
Look forward to your response.
Thomas

·
Registered
765 Posts
AFAIK, there are no aftermarket cams for this bike and I wouldn't expect to see any. There's just not enough demand to warrant the R&D.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I don't think that anyone has a cam out for the 1700cc motors yet. The aftermarket is a little slow with stuff for us.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup! you can tell i'm a newbie to this forum stuff. I'll get up to speed eventually; thanks.

·
Registered
900 Posts
There are some external things you can do to the exhaust, intake, fuel ect that can make a big difference. There is a ton of info in the 1700 section.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are some external things you can do to the exhaust, intake, fuel ect that can make a big difference. There is a ton of info in the 1700 section.
Yes you are correct, there's lots of good info out there; debaffle the exhaust, fuel modules, better airfilter. Makes a big difference; 6 gear @ 40 mph, 42 mpg running around town.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts