Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to a rally this weekend in north central Alberta Canada. Kind of in the bush (so a smaller crowd) but a good ride and lots of fun. There were exactly 100 bikes on the run, so being a bit nerdy I walked down the rows and counted the bike types...... 1 Kawi (mine), 1 Honda 1300, 1 Triumph 2300, and 97 Harleys...... Not hard to see where the marketing dollars are, and therefore the mystique:nerd:

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
I guess they're handing out free Harleys in Canada. Well someone has to own them.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
We went to a rally this weekend in north central Alberta Canada. Kind of in the bush (so a smaller crowd) but a good ride and lots of fun. There were exactly 100 bikes on the run, so being a bit nerdy I walked down the rows and counted the bike types...... 1 Kawi (mine), 1 Honda 1300, 1 Triumph 2300, and 97 Harleys...... Not hard to see where the marketing dollars are, and therefore the mystique:nerd:
Not unusual, I went on a charity ride a couple of weeks ago here for homeless veterans and I was the only Kawasaki out of about 150 bikes.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Funny, my take on this would be 97 sheep and 3 bikes having some mystique about them.

Cheers!

Mike

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,910 Posts
here in the deep south, I see a lot of metric cruisers.

I think it probably has something to do with being water cooled...

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I remember how hot and humid it was there when I worked around Baytown and Port Arthur..... definitely liquid cooled would be an advantage... The stroll thru Sturgis on a hot day is another place that liquid cooled shines, you see lots of HOGs pushing to the edge of the road then lol. We now have a larger dealer about 2.5 hours east of here pushing the 900s and the Vaqueros so we are a bit better represented. He also sells Triumph and the Rocket trike conversion for the well heeled, but with oil prices where they are there are a lot more Vulcans rolling out of the shop....:devil2:

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Most of the people buying Hardley Davidsons are rich people who wear suits to work. If you want to stand out, you no longer can ride a Harley. Too many out there. There are a lot for sale by owner that never get sold. They owe on a loan and can't sell it for under a certain amount.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Folks

Got a smile on my dial reading about the "Hardly" comments. We have a lot of sheep here in the paddocks. They are brain dead and don't move much. Very much like "Hardlys"

Enjoy Your Rides ( I do)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts