Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2011 Nomad and put V&H slip-ons, K&N air filter and a PCV5 (fuel only). Was running ok but not great. Went to an authorized Power Commander dyno shop and had the bike dynoed. Made sure that he mapped both cylinders. What an unbelievable change in performace. The bike doesn't hesitate, shifts smoother, and cruises effortlessly at 75. Best $250.00 I ever spent.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have the PC5 W/ingition and rode 80 miles to a bike event just to have it dynod, they ran the dyno and told me I was running pretty lean. For $200 they were gonna build me a custom map and that was cheap and these guys were good at what they do 7 months out of the year. When they hookup the PC they weren't getting any throttle on the machine so they said you must have a broken wire somewhere and I wasn't running thru the PC and was running the stock map. Needles to say I was pissed! The next morning I took off the right air box and the t-taps from the kit that connected a wire for the servo motor was broke in two. I'm a true believer in the PC5 and having it custom map for max performance, I'm happy for you, at least one of us got it done. lol!

·
Registered
93 Posts
... the t-taps from the kit that connected a wire for the servo motor was broke in two.
Exactly why I used soldered connectors on mine. I didn't want to take a chance on being stranded out in the middle of nowhere with a bad connection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts