Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried one of these new PCVs with fuel and ignition all in the one unit. It gives you + or -20 degrees timing to play with. And its only $20 more than the fuel only model.
It says on their web site that its for 2008 to 2011 models.
As these bikes are all the same it should fit any model, I emailed them and asked if it would fit 2006 model and he basically said it should.
The 2006 model, and models that Kawasaki reduced the timing on would really benefit from increasing the timing where it has been reduced by Kawasaki to save us all from too much power.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
An example of ECU changes i the 1700s is the change in 2011 and retro fit on 09s and 10s because of a stalling issue. The Classic are different than all the others, this is why there is a different G-Man part number for Classics than the other 1700s for their controllers.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
The PCV should be for 08 and later. The timing adjustment is the same thing the 07 and back guys are doing with the resistor mod. 08 and later when to a 1 wire gear position sensor and the resistor mod don't work on those bikes. Also there are timing differences between the 04-05? and the 06?-07 and the 08-10 models. Each one is different.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok then, has anyone tried an 04 ecu, that had a much better tune re ignition timing, in a later model 2000?
So theoretically an 04 ecu should work on all 2000s up to and including the 2007 model?
I have found an original 2004 ecu online for sale, part number 21175-0005 which is the right one, so I am thinking it might be worth a try.
My 06 is the most detuned model from what I have read, it has about half the timing advance of the 04, down from 52 to 26 degrees, that's a massive detune.
The 04 model must go like a skun cat compared to 06, is this the case?
Has anyone tried this? or have more info on this subject?
These bikes are 2lt tork monsters, and it would be nice to get every bit of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts