Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running a PCV (fuel & ignition) with Auto Tune. I tried different maps but decided to start with a 0 map and let the Auto Tune make adjustments. I accepted the trims a couple of times and the bike has been running good. I have not been accepting any trims recently and it seems to be down a little on power based on the butt dyno. In looking at the trim adjustments the auto tune is taking away fuel in the cruise range (5-20% throttle). How does the auto tune work if you don't accept/clear the trim adjustments? If you ride, don't clear the trim tables then ride again how is it adjusting?

Frank

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I don't know about that, but I do know if you start out with a "O" map and take away from that you'll be super lean. That's why you're down on power.
I would advise not to go below zero.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
David,
The first 2 trims I accepted added fuel. I dropped my adjustment percentage down to 5%. I have not accepted any trims since then. I loaded a copy of the map after I accepted the 2nd trim adjustment and I can tell it has more power. I'm just curious why the power is decreasing if I'm not accepting the trim adjustments where fuel is being taken away.

Frank

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Oh, guess I misunderstood before.
Guess if it were me I would pull up the actual map that's in the unit to see if anything has changed. A decrease in power means not enough fuel when trying to adjust fuel.

Did you ever get my map to try out? I've sent it to so many guys that I don't remember.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David,
You did send me your map. I'm using your ignition advance on my current map. I've noticed in the past with maps that if I don't accept trim adjustments and don't clear the trim tables the performance gradually decreases. Could it be decel braking and exhaust reversion causing it make bad adjustments?
Frank

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
David,
You did send me your map. I'm using your ignition advance on my current map. I've noticed in the past with maps that if I don't accept trim adjustments and don't clear the trim tables the performance gradually decreases. Could it be decel braking and exhaust reversion causing it make bad adjustments?
Frank
That sounds logical to me. But I hope Ray sees this and shines the light on this subject. Keep us posted okay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts