Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am new to PCV tuning. I have a great map right now that another member here provided. Bike runs like a raped ape. Still working on the decel pop issue at 2100 rpm. I have 10 set as a value from 1750 rpm to red line at 0% throttle. How high can I go to rid the pop before it starts affecting my mpg or starts smelling like a fuel dump? Dynojet says you can go as high as 40 before it affects mpg. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Ken :grin2:

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have 30 in a few cells at zero throttle. It's not going to hurt anything

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 30 in a few cells at zero throttle. It's not going to hurt anything
I am going to do another test run today with the map I installed. I have 10 in the 0% throttle cells from 1500 rpm to red line and added 4 degrees advance timing in the 0 % throttle column from 1750 rpm to redline. The popping was gone. The timing advance was at the suggestion of Power Commander. In the trouble shooting section it says to try 3-5 degrees advance. I split the difference and used 4. I barely heard a single muffled poof from the exhaust decelerating from 4th to 3rd at 2100 rpm. Other than that I intentionally kept dumping the throttle and letting the bike wind down past 2100 rpm and no popping. I want to ride a little today and confirm it was not my hopeful imagination. It was about 92 degrees out and the bike was past half way on the temp gauge in stop and go traffic, so I know she was good and heated up which is where most of the popping occurs. :nerd:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Good to hear, I don't have the ignition PCV so I don't have that option

1 - 4 of 4 Posts