Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering adding an air kit, PCV and V&H slipons to my 2014 Voyager. Do I need to get the PCV with or without the ignition module? No looking for racing performance, just want a little more oomph, especially in 5th and 6th gear. Thanks.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am considering adding an air kit, PCV and V&H slipons to my 2014 Voyager. Do I need to get the PCV with or without the ignition module? No looking for racing performance, just want a little more oomph, especially in 5th and 6th gear. Thanks.
The PCV with ignition is worth the extra $20. Motomummy.com has the PCV for $279 shipped. Model 17-033. I even have a few maps for you since I have the same setup you are looking to do. :devil2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. After doing a little more research, I found the thread that covers that. Am I correct that if you give the PCV folks the mods you have, they will program your unit before sending it out? Or do you have to map it after you get it.?

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Thanks. After doing a little more research, I found the thread that covers that. Am I correct that if you give the PCV folks the mods you have, they will program your unit before sending it out? Or do you have to map it after you get it.?
If you buy a PCV from an online distributor you are getting a PCV with whatever map DynoJet installs at the factory.

IF you order from DynoJet you can tell them your mods and they will download a map they feel will be appropriate or close, and that all depends on the maps they have developed in house, which isn't many for the 1700's.

Get the PCV from wherever you find the best price and have these fine forum members share maps with you to try and see which one works best for you.

If none of the maps from forum members work well and you want the best performance (or better) then get the skoot to a reputable dyno shop for a custom map.

BTW, get the PCV with ignition adjustability, well worth the $20.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I ordered the PCV from Motomummy for $279 shipped. (Thanks for the info Hockynut52). Hockeynut52 has the same setup, so he has offered to share maps. Is installing the maps very difficult?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Check David Sheek here he has lots of maps. Probably one with your mods figured in. I'm running one and it works well. The best but more expensive is get a dyno. I'm thinking big air this winter and will probably dyno it afterwards. If i'm going to sink money in mods I want all I can get out of them.
My $.02
Jimmy D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Dude, installing the maps takes all of 4 seconds after you fire up the PCV software and hook up a usb cable to the PCV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, Im from Grant, not far from you Dreamweaver. If I ever get a PCV for my 13 Voyager I may be in contact with you. Also, if you want to go for a ride sometime it would be nice to have someone to go with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds good, Mark Z28. got intake and pipes on today. Gonna let the dealer install the PCV. The install was a little much for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally got the PCV installed and flashed the map I received from David Sheek and Hockeynut52. The power is great, the fuel mileage has increased by 10% and there is no backfiring/popping on decel. I am extremely satisfied with my set up.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Finally got the PCV installed and flashed the map I received from David Sheek and Hockeynut52. The power is great, the fuel mileage has increased by 10% and there is no backfiring/popping on decel. I am extremely satisfied with my set up.
Glad it worked out for you my friend. Happy riding:grin2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts