Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up a 2014 Vaquero. Had an 09 Voyager that was wrecked (damn deer). It already came with a power commander 5. I plan on doing the Ivan flash over the coming winter. In the meantime, I'm looking for a map to use for the summer. I have the freedom performance true duals and chuckster big air kit. I'm currently using map for the freedom true duals that comes from power commanders website, but it seems to be running very rich at idle, and when the bikes been warmed up I'm hearing a tapping sound. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
580 Posts
So I just picked up a 2014 Vaquero. Had an 09 Voyager that was wrecked (damn deer). It already came with a power commander 5. I plan on doing the Ivan flash over the coming winter. In the meantime, I'm looking for a map to use for the summer. I have the freedom performance true duals and chuckster big air kit. I'm currently using map for the freedom true duals that comes from power commanders website, but it seems to be running very rich at idle, and when the bikes been warmed up I'm hearing a tapping sound. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
If idle is the only area it's running rich why not just go into the map and adjust the fuel at idle to lean it out a bit. I used to have those pipes but I put the stock ones back on and kept my PC5 with autotune. I don't have any of my old maps tho, sorry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
David Sheek sent me all his PCV maps. I am running one for the Chucksters BAK and V&H slip ons. I don’t think he would mind me sharing a map...?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If idle is the only area it's running rich why not just go into the map and adjust the fuel at idle to lean it out a bit. I used to have those pipes but I put the stock ones back on and kept my PC5 with autotune. I don't have any of my old maps tho, sorry.
I believe I have it tuned pretty good at idle now and the pinging I was hearing at idle seems to have gone away.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Could I get the Sheek maps also? I have a PCV on a 2017 voyager with Vance And Hines 4" slip ons and a K&N air filter in the stock box
Tutts has not been back on the site since that last post a month ago. You could PM him, or David Sheek, directly... I'm sure you'll get a positive response from either of them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry been on vacation. I can send if still required but they are David’s maps so he will more than likely be willing to send also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts