Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Voyager with a K&N air filter with Vance and Hines twin slash slip on pipes I just added about 4 months ago.

I had a bad popping on decal so I bought a PCV with fuel and ignition, I'm running a map from the power commander site M17-033-006 it has helped but I'm still getting some popping.

I have plugged the AIS system before I bought the PCV and that helped to, I am looking for a couple maps that would fit my bike with what I have done any help with maps would be great thanks.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have a 2012 Voyager with a K&N air filter with Vance and Hines twin slash slip on pipes I just added about 4 months ago.

I had a bad popping on decal so I bought a PCV with fuel and ignition, I'm running a map from the power commander site M17-033-006 it has helped but I'm still getting some popping.

I have plugged the AIS system before I bought the PCV and that helped to, I am looking for a couple maps that would fit my bike with what I have done any help with maps would be great thanks.
I don't know if you've tried this yet but here's a link to a good vid from Dynojet about that very thing. I've had to add about 20 to my fuel table in the "0" throttle column from 1250 to about 3000:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrjgiCs1rE

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts

Give me your email address and I'll send you a good one.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies I'll also take a look at that video dlars I love the new pipes they are a bit louder than I thought they would be but I like the feel of more power, I just want to eliminate most of the popping that I can.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick response David I just install the map you sent me I won't be able to ride today because the dam rain but tomorrow it's supposed to be good I'll let you know how it does.
I did have one question, as I have been reading on the forum I see some people are running lower octane gas to reduce popping and was wanting to know if so are they running ethanol blend and even if this is worth doing in your experience?

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Thanks for the quick response David I just install the map you sent me I won't be able to ride today because the dam rain but tomorrow it's supposed to be good I'll let you know how it does.
I did have one question, as I have been reading on the forum I see some people are running lower octane gas to reduce popping and was wanting to know if so are they running ethanol blend and even if this is worth doing in your experience?
Yes I run the lower octane. Have been for a long time.
Just decided to try it. Since there was no pinging I stuck with it for the cost savings.:)

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the map David I took it for a 150 mile ride today and it was great the lower end is a lot better as My wife and I do a lot of riding around the lake threw parks and roads in the ledges state park, before it was jerky at low end and run ok but now it's a lot more responsive and smoother at lower end.
I had maybe 3 times it popped in deceleration and they were minor compared to before I it sounded like a gunshot before. Plus it's taking less throttle to move so the exhaust even sounds a bit quieter which makes her happy :)
Now I'm going to get racinrays throttle mod to finish it off for now but Thanks again for your support with maps!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey guys. Figured I could butt in as it's the same subject. I need some help also. I bought a used 2012 Vaq all done up with V&h 2-1 pro pipe and the thunder mfg teardrop and pcv. Fuel only I believe. Po had the air kit and pcv installed right at thunder in Arizona I think. Po also says it already Racnray's throttle mod, not sure how to verify that but anyhow. Just did a 200 km run, I was easy on the throttle and speed, she took 15 litres for that. 31-32 mpg?? She is also pretty jurky in low speeds. Not much for decel pops but a few mild ones here and there.
I have oem airbox, I am very tempted to put it on, disconnect the pcv, and see what she does. Or should I try some other maps? Thoughts???

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd start a thread with your set up and ask what you can do but you need to state what you want, after all I am after performance and with that you lose MPG it sounds like your after MPG. with the mods you have done you can't really remove the PCV it will run like crap.
I think David has a map but I posted in other peoples threads & got no response so I'd start your own:)

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Thanks for the map David I took it for a 150 mile ride today and it was great the lower end is a lot better as My wife and I do a lot of riding around the lake threw parks and roads in the ledges state park, before it was jerky at low end and run ok but now it's a lot more responsive and smoother at lower end.
I had maybe 3 times it popped in deceleration and they were minor compared to before I it sounded like a gunshot before. Plus it's taking less throttle to move so the exhaust even sounds a bit quieter which makes her happy :)
Now I'm going to get racinrays throttle mod to finish it off for now but Thanks again for your support with maps!
You are welcome Gordon, glad it worked out for you.
The thing I see a lot is it may not be a perfect map for everyone but it's usually better than what they had. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd start a thread with your set up and ask what you can do but you need to state what you want, after all I am after performance and with that you lose MPG it sounds like your after MPG. with the mods you have done you can't really remove the PCV it will run like crap.

I think David has a map but I posted in other peoples threads & got no response so I'd start your own:)

Will do. Thx SS.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you get a map for your setup? I too have a Vaquero with V&H 2 into 1 pro pipe and thunder tornado air kit. I am looking for a map with this set up but haven't ran across one yet that works perfect. If you have a map could I try it or let me know where you got it from. Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
V&H propipe

did anybody ever find an awsome map for the pcv/ign ? I'm am very much interested !
oh almost forgot I have a 14 Vaquero/V&H propipe and thunder vertical teardrop a/cleaner
thanks Skullshaker

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
did anybody ever find an awsome map for the pcv/ign ? I'm am very much interested !
oh almost forgot I have a 14 Vaquero/V&H propipe and thunder vertical teardrop a/cleaner
thanks Skullshaker
What do you mean by a 14 Vaquero? (2014?)

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Sorry David, its a 2014 kawasaki vaquero
Yes I can help you with a map.
I will need your email address to send it.
You can reply here or PM me.:smile2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
I have a 2012 Vaquero with k&n filter and Vance and Hines Double Slash tips. Any help with a map would be very appreciated. I have tried the one on the website! I will also check out that video! My email is [email protected]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts