Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Dynojet website to look at PCs. I notice for the 1600 Nomads (up to 2008) they list the PC3. When I click on the Vulcan 1700, it asks for the year and just freezes with no listed options to pick.

So I went to look at downloadable maps section and for the 1700 there were not any. Is it my browser or where is the stuff for the PCV for the 1700's ?

·
Registered
644 Posts
I went to the Dynojet website to look at PCs. I notice for the 1600 Nomads (up to 2008) they list the PC3. When I click on the Vulcan 1700, it asks for the year and just freezes with no listed options to pick.

So I went to look at downloadable maps section and for the 1700 there were not any. Is it my browser or where is the stuff for the PCV for the 1700's ?
I had no problem You need part number 17-006 for a 1700.

·
Registered
192 Posts
17-033 has fuel and ignition. I have it on my 2010 VV and it works great

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that's interesting, I guess my Internet Explorer ver. 8 is crap.

Also at the CobraUSA and Vance & Hines sites I see "no" pipes listed for the 1700's. It does have some slip ons and it has pipes for the 1500s and 1600s.

Is this my browser also ?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm went to Dynojet just now and it worked this time, yesterday it did not.

I will try CobraUSA again and see if I can find any pipes there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't know about V & H but i don't think Cobra offers a full exhaust system for the 1700 Nomad. They offer 3 different style of slip-ons, Billet Tip, Scalloped Tip, & Tri-ovals. I bought a set of scalloped tips for my 09 1700 Classic Lt & loved the sound so i went back to them when i got my Nomad.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They ain't showing any for the 1700s. I sent them email, won't get an answer till tomorrow at the soonest.

The new Nomads have been out now since 2009, evidently there isn't much demand for pipes on them. Actually I was only looking at pipes since they charge almost as much for the slipons.

·
Registered
636 Posts
full system

They ain't showing any for the 1700s. I sent them email, won't get an answer till tomorrow at the soonest.

The new Nomads have been out now since 2009, evidently there isn't much demand for pipes on them. Actually I was only looking at pipes since they charge almost as much for the slipons.
Vance and Hines is the only maker who makes a full system. Google Pro Pipe and it will come up.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vance and Hines is the only maker who makes a full system. Google Pro Pipe and it will come up.
Thanks, those are nice but I really kinda wanted something like the old True Duals. Not quite as good a performance but just liked they way they fit and looked. Seems like Cobra used to make a bagger duals for the Nomads too, prior to the 1700 models and then they just all dropped off.

I'm kinda liken the Cobra Tr-Oval slip ons. I think this will give a good sound but not be too hard on the ears for long trips.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here is a video of a 2011 Nomad with the Cobra Tri-Ovals.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea I had seen that one. In fact it is the one that really made me want the Tri-Ovals over the V&Hs slip ons. The V&H's sound great but just a bit too much. I had V&H's on my Harley and they could wear on the ears a bit after awhile at 70 plus mph.

BTW, other than the handle bar mounted tach (or clock ?), the highway pegs and the Tri-ovals, that bike is an exact match for mine, same color.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was wondering which color combo you got. Mine is the Ebony / Metallic Moondust Grey. Can't go wrong with either combo, both are beautiful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts