Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my PCV w/Autotune for over a year. I had been running a friend's map (which worked pretty well) and kept the Autotune off because it wasn't helping the bike's running IMO. About a month ago I called Dynojet and talked to a tech which ultimately led to him taking over my computer and setting up the map and the Autotune parameters (+20,-20) and calibrate the throttle which was off 20% and from that point I began to accept trims until the bike ran like s--t. Recently I reloaded a base map from Dynojet (V&H exhaust stock intake) though I have a Thunder intake utilizing a stock air cover on the right. Since that time I have allowed the Autotune to do its thing without accepting the trims and the bike is running very, very well my question is why would accepting the trims after 2-3 hour rides ultimately make the bike run like crap and now no acceptance of trims and the bike runs great? Any theories, thoughts etc would be appreciated.:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
the trims when accepted start again and go +_ 20 AGAIN but if you dont accept they can only from base setting _+ and thats it
i have mine set at -+ 10 AND now im happy i dont ale=ways accept the trim i do down load the map every month or so and compare each to see where it wants to adjust .
it also depends on wht air fuel ratio you have set it at .
i also found by setting the individual gear tables it is a lot bettter as you can set each gear as you like eg richer down low and in 5th and 6th i go for fuel economy
also very easty to do on the voyager and vaq as we already have gear sensor from factory only have to tap into it and set the pcv

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the trims when accepted start again and go +_ 20 AGAIN but if you dont accept they can only from base setting _+ and thats it
i have mine set at -+ 10 AND now im happy i dont ale=ways accept the trim i do down load the map every month or so and compare each to see where it wants to adjust .
it also depends on wht air fuel ratio you have set it at .
i also found by setting the individual gear tables it is a lot bettter as you can set each gear as you like eg richer down low and in 5th and 6th i go for fuel economy
also very easty to do on the voyager and vaq as we already have gear sensor from factory only have to tap into it and set the pcv
Thanks for the reply it sounds as though I am on the same page with my Vaq but how do you tap in for the gear tables and don't you need to have it running on a dyno?

·
Registered
138 Posts
ill look for the link but all you need is a small peoce of wire to hook into the pcv then break into the gear selector wire but ill find the link its easy to do .
then if you want ill send you my map

·
Registered
765 Posts
I stopped using AutoTune because the bike would start running like shit after I accepted 2-3 fuel trim suggestions. Hell, it had one cell down 50% from the stock fuel setting.

I jumped thru the hoops with Dynojet, let them access the unit thru my laptop, sent the unit in for "testing" and was told it's working just fine. BS.

Be careful with the AutoTune module, it will keep leaning out your map. And on a big engine like ours that already runs hot, running lean is a recipe for disaster.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stopped using AutoTune because the bike would start running like shit after I accepted 2-3 fuel trim suggestions. Hell, it had one cell down 50% from the stock fuel setting.

I jumped thru the hoops with Dynojet, let them access the unit thru my laptop, sent the unit in for "testing" and was told it's working just fine. BS.

Be careful with the AutoTune module, it will keep leaning out your map. And on a big engine like ours that already runs hot, running lean is a recipe for disaster.
I no longer add the trims just let the AutoTune run with the map I am using. So far it has worked well and the only change I made was to the parameters that the AutoTune is limited to which is now +-10.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ever since I got rid of my Vaquero with PC5 and Auto Tune and bought a Vision, I never have to mess around with maps, trim levels and poor running conditions. Now I just enjoy the ride. Sure do miss those days....not! ;-)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ever since I got rid of my Vaquero with PC5 and Auto Tune and bought a Vision, I never have to mess around with maps, trim levels and poor running conditions. Now I just enjoy the ride. Sure do miss those days....not! ;-)
What do you call someone who hijacks a thread to put some worthless information in about a different bike? TROLL! especially one that brags about a reject from "Battlestar Gallactica" Good morning Jim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts