Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 VN900 Custom with Vance and Hines Slash-Cut Staggereds (baffles removed). I noticed a considerable loss of power and delayed throttle response after installing the pipes, so I recently purchased a power commander. After explaining to the dealer (online) what modifications I had done to my bike, they installed the map for the Bub Jug Huggers (M225-009). I honestly cannot tell a bit of difference since installing the PCIII. I wasn't expecting a massive increase in horsepower, but I was expecting to at least get back what I lost before installing the V&H exhaust. Just wondering if anybody else has the same pipes without the baffles and curious what map would be best. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
05 1500 Classic FI

I am putting on a V&H Pro-Pipe and a Baron BAK. I have the Power Commander PCIII, do you have a suggestion for a better map then what I can find on their site?

Tom

do u have a big air kit that would help alot and the maps from the power commander site are garbage

·
Registered
14 Posts
08 900 with barons big air kit, cobra speedster shorts, and PCIII EX USB

I have an 08 900 Custom with the Barons big air kit, Cobra speedster shorts, and the PCIII EX USB, The bike is making good power but I am experiencing the popping on decel, I have read a lot about that subject and know what causes it, I am running the 225-003 *Advanced Map*, just trying to avoid paying to get it dyno tuned looking for someone that might have a better map for my setup any help would be greatly appreciated... here she is

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have a 2007 VN900 Custom with Vance and Hines Slash-Cut Staggereds (baffles removed). I noticed a considerable loss of power and delayed throttle response after installing the pipes, so I recently purchased a power commander. After explaining to the dealer (online) what modifications I had done to my bike, they installed the map for the Bub Jug Huggers (M225-009). I honestly cannot tell a bit of difference since installing the PCIII. I wasn't expecting a massive increase in horsepower, but I was expecting to at least get back what I lost before installing the V&H exhaust. Just wondering if anybody else has the same pipes without the baffles and curious what map would be best. Any help is appreciated.
First PUT THE BAFFLES BACK ON, the 900 must have back pressure to generate low rpm torque. Then use the M225-001 Stock map until you get the air breather changed.
Second are you handy with tools, there a few threads that tell you how to make a Breather that will work just as well.
Last when that is done I can send you a custom map for your pipes with baffles and air breather.

I am putting on a V&H Pro-Pipe and a Baron BAK. I have the Power Commander PCIII, do you have a suggestion for a better map then what I can find on their site?

Tom
I have cobra 2:1 that should be close in air flow, send me a PM with your email address, and a note with your mods. I have a custom map that will be way better than the download maps. May not be perfect but I really love it.

I have an 08 900 Custom with the Barons big air kit, Cobra speedster shorts, and the PCIII EX USB, The bike is making good power but I am experiencing the popping on decel, I have read a lot about that subject and know what causes it, I am running the 225-003 *Advanced Map*, just trying to avoid paying to get it dyno tuned looking for someone that might have a better map for my setup any help would be greatly appreciated... here she is
Marble the Garthog, then send me a PM and I can tell you how to completely stop the popping. Sorry cant help with the power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts