Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i know there are a thousand threads out there already about power commander maps but i am trying ti find one for the cobra 2 into 1 pipe.....had planned to get either a cobra fi2000 powerpro or a pcv with autotune BUT got a steal of a deal on a new in box pcIII for $142.54 US shipped ...i know one man's map can be another man's nightmare but as least it should be a good starting point.

·
Registered
424 Posts
ok i know there are a thousand threads out there already about power commander maps but i am trying ti find one for the cobra 2 into 1 pipe.....had planned to get either a cobra fi2000 powerpro or a pcv with autotune BUT got a steal of a deal on a new in box pcIII for $142.54 US shipped ...i know one man's map can be another man's nightmare but as least it should be a good starting point.
If you have an aftermarket air breather send me a PM with your email, I will be happy to supply one that is a dream.

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that map bytehead...will give it a try as soon as i get the intake and pcIII installed!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
thanks for that map bytehead...will give it a try as soon as i get the intake and pcIII installed!!
Be sure to calibrate the throttle position sensor when you load the map. My PCV was way off out of the box. Simple to do just follow instructions.

Have a great ride and stay safe.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Be sure to calibrate the throttle position sensor when you load the map. My PCV was way off out of the box. Simple to do just follow instructions.

Have a great ride and stay safe.
Hmmmm I didnt do this. what difference would this make if never done?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hmmmm I didnt do this. what difference would this make if never done?
If it's correct to begin with it won't matter.
If it is off by 20% like mine was it will kill the map. You will get the 20%cell at 0 throttle.
Easy to check and set.

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone else out there have a map they want to pass on?.......i would love to have a few different maps that i could try so i could choose the one that works best for me....btw does a pcv map work on a pcIII ?... if not is there a program i could use to translate one for pcIII use?

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone?????

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i finally got around to finishing my intake and installing my PCIII.....installed the map generously given to me by Bytehead, bike seemed to start ok...idled good and boy did it sound nice when i cracked the throttle!!!!...too bad its raining so i cant try er out ...oh well maybe tomorrow

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW still looking for other maps to try out !!!!

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL well Bytehead seems you are the only source...again thanks

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The REAL SOURCE is a DynoJet listed dyno shop that will take your bike and give you everything you want. Forget about everybody else's perceived hi performance maps.
uhmm DUHHHHH i know about dynojet pretty hard not too they have their name all over the packaging.....on and all over the DYNOJET website....but there none in my area ....

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
uhmm DUHHHHH i know about dynojet pretty hard not too they have their name all over the packaging.....on and all over the DYNOJET website....but there none in my area ....
Sounds like a good excuse to drop down into the lower 48. You've got a holiday on the 1st of July? It'll be money well spent. By the way, there's two shops shown in Nova Scotia that have a motorcycle dyno. Seems close to your home.

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry but spending $1000 on a road trip to get a dyno run is not an option

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya it is relatively close....if they are in the halifax area that is about 350km away...with about $30 dollars in tolls or $40 ferry ride along the way....id have $75 spent before i get there if i stop for a cheeseburger .....lol... map i got from Bytehead seems to work good and was done on a dyno for the same setup i run....so it should be close enough....and probably 100% better than the closest one (or the one dynojet reccomends) on their site

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
btw sojourner im not trying to be an ass....just that spending ANY money on a dyno run/tune isnt really an option right now.....but having a few different maps from different dyno runs (not all dyno operators are created equal) with the same exhaust (Cobra powerpro 2-1) to try wouldnt hurt anything......

·
Registered
450 Posts
i got mine dynotuned and can email it to you when i get back to the bike around the new year if you'de like. 2-1 powerprohp hypercharger pcIII and 200 rear

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks vicflo !!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts