Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I upgrade my membership to Premium or Lifetime do the Ad's go away? I have to wait till all of them to load before the page will move or function!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I do hate how they slow the site down.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Premium offers "less ads". Maybe those who have it can chime in. But it doesn't advertise "no ads".

What browser are you using? Consider using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome; the latest version, to speed things up a bit.

I don't like ads either but they pay the bills!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Firefox. I know it's a necessary evil.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
If you are a premium member there is a way to turn off advertisements. I did this a while back but can't remember exactly how. I do remember that it was somewhere in the user profile. It sure does speed response time.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
TRY THIS
Make sure Intelliext ads are set to disable
I am not trying to be a pain, and I really have no problems with ads (I take care of them on my own), but I think it would be helpful for others. When I go that link, it's basic profile settings, but there is no Intelliext on that page at all.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
switch from Dial up... hahahaha kidding!

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
I am not trying to be a pain, and I really have no problems with ads (I take care of them on my own), but I think it would be helpful for others. When I go that link, it's basic profile settings, but there is no Intelliext on that page at all.
You are right, I can no longer find that setting either.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Hello,

The option to Disable Sidebar in Forum view is reserved for premium members.

~Kay
I think they are talking about the option to disable the IntelliTXT ads, which can be very obtrusive and slow browsers down. There used to be an option to disable those, including for non-premium members.

·
Administrator
438 Posts
Hey guys, the option was removed because the links themselves should only be showing up when not logged in, which would in effect make the option useless anyway. Are you seeing them logged in?

Kyle

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just get AdBlock Plus 2.6.9 if you use Firefox and you will never have to look at another ad on any site. It made this site 100 times faster for me. I don't get one ad any place since I started using it in my Firefox and it does not cost anything at all either.

Oops a repeat I didn't see the other guys replies until I put this one in.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
While you may use ad blocking products, it's bad form to announce it, since this is part of how the forum makes their money. Just an opinion, mind you, unless it's actually in the forum rules (some forums include that).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts