Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,917 Posts
That fits the stock driver seat?

I have the mustang seats (driver and passenger). They use the stock mount brackets.. so maybe it would fit. But then again....

·
Registered
879 Posts
My ride is a '07 classic and those have the slim, sporty pinion seat, they look good when I have the bar hopper set up (as opposed to a bagger set up or even a tour kit on) but when I bought it and went to pick it up the wife of the previous owner said to me "That seat really sucks". And it really does, it is only good for emergencies like drop your kid at school or givin' some one a ride that you don't want them to ask for another ride ever,

BUT (back to the thread issue) my bike came with a mustang rider seat witch I find very confortable and I though it odd the guy would still give me the original passenger seat cause I thought it would no longer would fit... I was very surprised that it fitted just fine with the Mustang, so I got my hands on a seat from a LT model (Lettuce and Tomato they told me it meant) and it also fits, I just had them install a gel insert in that one and it did the trick. I think even more comfortable than the mustang passenger seat that we had on the previous bike, long ride tested.

Those mark ups are the cuts I made for the gel insert and for the section I had taken off so I could use the mustang rider back rest, very necessary for long hauls.

20180306_085551.jpg 20180306_085718.jpg 20180320_151204.jpg

And then is the result, metals studs taken out and adjusted upholstery re-installed, stock look, custom comfort and the cutout for my backrest.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great job you have done there. Ive been trying to find an LT seat here in Australia but so far nothing. A new one is available for 550.00AUD. May as well just go total Mustang but I love the way the bike looks with the OEM passenger seat.
Just like you, my wife spent a few minutes on it and stated "no way, that seat has to go."
Well ill keep looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts