Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 Custom SE, and the passenger pegs are kinda harsh on the wifeys feet. Anyone have something more comfy on their bike that I could see pictures of? I'd prefer to keep them black if possibe. A huge chrome floorboard would look a little goofy on an all black bike. Thanks!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have an 09 Custom SE, and the passenger pegs are kinda harsh on the wifeys feet. Anyone have something more comfy on their bike that I could see pictures of? I'd prefer to keep them black if possibe. A huge chrome floorboard would look a little goofy on an all black bike. Thanks!
Look at the Kuryakyn selection, you can use any pair with the bike specific splined adapter for the vn900.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
My g/f just had to have floorboards as well, be aware .... there feet just sit on top of the board .... they can not "hook " there heels for stability and grip .... she does not like them so much now and i aint changing them back.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got a set of the Kuryakyn and my wife loves them.

She says she actually has more stability and grip because her entire boot is gripping the floorboard not just the edge of a heel.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Plus with the floorboards you'll also get the added benefit of her boots not leaving little patches of melted rubber on your exhaust pipe. I also went with the Kurys. Happy with them, solid enough to stand up on. Only part I didn't like was the install using the splined adapters took some creative work to get it tight, but it's been solid ever since. She LOVES having the floorboards too.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Are you looking for something like these?

I believe the Kuryakyn part number is KY-4357 if you like them.

Except for the color, they look very similar to the set I have on my Classic. I also had an interesting time getting the adapters tight but now they're fine. The wife likes them and we don't have to worry about touching the exhaust. Here are two pictures of mine, showing the clearance between stock exhaust and Cobras. Also, after I added the Cobras, I lowered the floorboards to the top row of mounting holes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts