Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just purchased a new 2010 900 classic LT and was wondering if anyone has installed some kind of passenger handholds. My spouse would very much like some to grag hold of. I made some out of stainless on my last 750 Kaw. I know that some after market passenger backrests have them built in, but the OEM does not. The seat strap or grabbing the driver aren't options for her.
Thanks, Sam in central PA

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Hi, just purchased a new 2010 900 classic LT and was wondering if anyone has installed some kind of passenger handholds. My spouse would very much like some to grag hold of. I made some out of stainless on my last 750 Kaw. I know that some after market passenger backrests have them built in, but the OEM does not. The seat strap or grabbing the driver aren't options for her.
Thanks, Sam in central PA
+1
I have been looking for something for my wife, who would like to sit back sometimes but does not feel quite right without something to put her arms on; but I haven't been able to find anything decent.

·
Registered
346 Posts
For the OEM saddle, you're limited. I bought one with my Corbin Dual Tour, although I took it off to make room for my luggage rack on my last road trip. The Corbin has a moveable driver's/passenger's oval backrest which is neat. Much more ergonomic than a standard sissy bar pad.

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The MCE sissybar has handles built into it. I bought it thinking my wife would like it but I don't think she ever touched them. I ended up strapping stuff to the passenger seat and hooking the bungee net to the handles instead. I just added a Corbin Dual Tour so my sissybar is on craigslist now.

Anyway, here's a closeup of one side...

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure, but I think the V2k backrest will fit the 9'er Custom, and it has grab rails built in, doesn't it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the replys.
I got the LT with the goodies on so am not much interested in a lot of aftermarket replacements. I just thought there was something out there that I missed. I'll make some passenger handholds and let you all know what I come up with. I made some real nice bright and shiny stainless ones for the 750 that I traded in.
Again, Thanks, Sam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts