Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Vedranst,

I purchased a set of these under the same thoughts, they are due for delivery this afternoon so can let you know tomorrow.

I'm not of really high hopes but fingers crossed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vedranst,

I purchased a set of these under the same thoughts, they are due for delivery this afternoon so can let you know tomorrow.

Thanks, looking foward to your info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vedranst,

Hi Sloth, did you receive these floorboards allready?
What do you think about it, are they OK, considering price?

Thanks...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll put this here as well incase it can help anyone else.

Yep, put em on last night. I've got a 99 1500 classic.

They look pretty good, underneath is ordinary and wouldn't look good folded up, but while they are down they suit quite nice.

10 minute job to bolt em on using the existing bolts and circlips. They do wobble around a little bit, i havent ridden with em yet so hopefully they don't make any rattling noises.

On the 1500 they won't fold up they hit the subframe on both sides.

Overall for the price they will suit perfectly for what i'm after.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll put this here as well incase it can help anyone else.

Yep, put em on last night. I've got a 99 1500 classic.

They look pretty good, underneath is ordinary and wouldn't look good folded up, but while they are down they suit quite nice.

10 minute job to bolt em on using the existing bolts and circlips. They do wobble around a little bit, i havent ridden with em yet so hopefully they don't make any rattling noises.

On the 1500 they won't fold up they hit the subframe on both sides.

Overall for the price they will suit perfectly for what i'm after.
Hi again, sounds a good value for money, right?
BUT, are they compatible with VN900? The size of bolt and inclination?
Can someone confirm?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Anyone, at all??

I contacted seller on ebay, received strange message, my question, "is this item compatible to VN900?"
Answer, "sorry, not available."

wtf?

I need YES or NO answer!

I'll try again.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Did anyone get a definitive answer to whether or not these FBs fit the VN900? I would be very interested in buying them as well if they do.

SirMickey

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I looked at the parts blow up for the 900 and 1500 on the Kawa site and the stock setup is completely different. I checked the link to look at the boards in question and it looks to me like there is no hardware of any kind included. Apparently the idea is you pull the pivot shaft from the peg and slip the board into the same bracket. On a 900 that would put the board at about a 20% rake. Even if it were to mount level, you would be applying a lot of torque to the peg bracket that it isn't designed to take. From everything I found I would say "No, they won't work". But the only way to give you a definitive answer would be to buy them and see if they fit. I already have Cobras on my bike so I won't be trying these. If you really want to know, spend the money and if they don't work put them back up on Ebay and try to get your money back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, not compatible with VN900, if you look at the pictures, it will not fit, and the hole is a bit dislocated. Pity, its realy cheap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts