Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought my first bike over the winter and had the dealer keep it in storage- over the winter i bought some accessories and one of the accessories was some passenger mini floorboards. i figured when i get use to the bike and put my wife on the back she would be more comfortable with mini floorboards. i found some on line and bought the kuryakyn. they look great- nice chrome and installed real easy. my only question is that when you turn them up when no one is riding on the back they can only rotate up approx. 50 degrees as they bump into the frame. they look great when they are down and i may just end up keeping them that way but when you try to move up they do not rotate up as far as the pegs did. was hoping i could turn them all the way up when no one is on the back as the underside is where the chrome is. did i buy the wrong mini floorboards? are cobra boards better or fit better? is there some way to get them to fit better? - they have three posisitions and i have tried all three. thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
You would think the aftermarket would have passenger floorboards that fit your bike perfectly. I'd pursue it with Kuryakyn to see if there's another model that will fit better. If not you may have to switch to another brand. I do like Kuryakyn myself though. Worst case you could fab up a couple brackets to extend them out a hair so they flip up all the way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I actually just bought some Kuryakyn ISO passenger floor boards and noticed on their site that there was a disclaimer, that some aftermarket floor boards may not fold up like oem passenger pegs.

·
Registered
894 Posts
they look great- nice chrome and installed real easy. my only question is that when you turn them up when no one is riding on the back they can only rotate up approx. 50 degrees as they bump into the frame.
I got into the same issue, realize that they wont go all the way up cause they hit the pipe support bracket, tried several diff configurations and wont go.

did i buy the wrong mini floorboards? are cobra boards better or fit better? is there some way to get them to fit better?
I figure it was not that I bought the wrong parts, it is that a lot of people change their pipes and if I had, the bracket would not be there and I would not have the problem. The only solution I have (not implemented yet) is to make an adapter bracket that will allow teh mini-floorboard to fold all the way up and at the same time let me place it a little forward as this will make them more comfortable for the "Wallet Holder" in the back seat. If she's comfy=more rides 2up, if shes not comfy=bad day for every body.

G

·
0 Posts
Beware. I incorrectly installed the chrome splined part upside down to the frame and had a "failure". The mini's are not meant to fold up. The reason is the small pin which goes through the chrome part CANNOT be on the bottom. IT WILL FAIL! It just happened to my wife three weeks ago. Thank the Lord she was getting back on the bike at a rest stop. Kuryakyn was very good about it. The instructions show the small pin/bolt on the top. Totally my fault for installing it upside down. I have it installed correctly now and she loves the mini's.

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
I bought some years ago that were protoypes being offered for half price to get people to buy them and try them out. They have several mounting holes on the bottom to move them forward or backward, and I bought some offset mounting brackets. They fold up all the way, and so far have held up for the past 8 years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you know the model number of what you bought. i'd really like my mini passenger floorboards to be fully up and out of the way when i do not have anyone on the back

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
Sorry, I don't. But there are lots of them out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts