Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some good choices for passenger floorboards/pegs? almost without fail, my wife's shoes end up getting burnt on my exhaust and I'm looking for either mini or full-sized floorboards that don't break the bank....
I have only found a couple options but want some input from fellow riders w/frequent passengers......
so what do you folks use?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I got the Kawi OEM floorboards off Amazon. They broke the bank though. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am interested in this also.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/show-chrome-accessories-mini-board-slider-system-passenger-various-kawasakis/part/BBP-21-727R

My wife really likes these. I actually installed some cobra floor boards after these and she didn't like those at all, had to return them. They looked great though. These she says she can still use like a peg and keep herself planted. They are fully adjustable for angle, and also have a slider mechanism that you can adjust for width. Very heavy duty as well.

Also with my cobra long pipes they are much lower than the stock pipes so her boots melting to the pipes is no longer an issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I had the Kuryakyn KY-4351 on my Vulcan. Very nicely done. You could also get them in black, the KY-4357. I liked that look and eventually hit mine with black Plasti Dip to get it. Wife really liked them when she rode with me. They were a little bit of a pain to install, but once on, I just needed to tighten them up a couple of times.

A tight fit with stock exhaust, but when I changed to Cobras, that gave them a lot more room. With adapters they're probably around $170 or so.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I like the oem ones. They match the drivers floorboards nicely. The other option would be to put cobra pipes on. That will give you about 3" below the peg. Look at graybush pictures.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the looks of the pics that Graybush posted. And $170 or so is a lot more doable than the $315 needed for OEM boards.....going to be looking around for a bit. I also liked those mini-slider boards too posted above......
Thanks guys!

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
I had the Kuryakyn KY-4351 on my Vulcan. Very nicely done. You could also get them in black, the KY-4357. I liked that look and eventually hit mine with black Plasti Dip to get it. Wife really liked them when she rode with me. They were a little bit of a pain to install, but once on, I just needed to tighten them up a couple of times.

A tight fit with stock exhaust, but when I changed to Cobras, that gave them a lot more room. With adapters they're probably around $170 or so.

Funny thing is, those are the boards I put on and the wife didn't like em. I personally loved how they looked, but ultimately she is the one who uses them. And we all know, happy wife=happy life. Needless to say they got returned. The chrome ones are awesome looking with plenty of adjustment.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I like the look of the Cobras best on my Custom. They cost me about $250. The mount moves them down and forward from the peg location. I'll post pics later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts