Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a decent set of floor boards for my girlfriend. doing a long trip in june to Americade in lake george ny. anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Which bike?
I see it says 900 in your profile. I have been thinking about this too for my custom. My girl broke her right ankle badly a couple of years ago (Roller Derby), and so is subject to discomfort from time to time.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bough the Cobra ones off of Amazon for about $245. Their one piece and bolt right up. Seem really solid and well made. The Kawasaki OEM ones look pretty good too. I don't think you can go wrong with either of these choices.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Cobra is a great choice. Exceptional in appearance, function, and quality. Their tach is very nice as well.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I put passenger floorboards on my classic .... the other half hated them ...just remember, pegs allow your pillion to "hook" their heels and they offer a certain amount of "grip" .... as a rider you hang on using the handlebars and squeezing your knees to the tank, as a passenger with boards, your feet just sit on top .... there is no grip offered ..... just a thought.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My SO told me she cant move her feet as much. she "hooks" her heel on the pegs but she said its getting uncomfortable. i guess we will see. what she likes better might end up going back to pegs LOL

·
Registered
347 Posts
I was thinking of boards because of the stock exhaust being so close to the pegs on the right side - at least on the Custom. I rarely ride 2-up, but once or twice my passenger has melted their shoe sole on the exhaust. Messy to clean up.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yep, Cobra

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was thinking of boards because of the stock exhaust being so close to the pegs on the right side - at least on the Custom. I rarely ride 2-up, but once or twice my passenger has melted their shoe sole on the exhaust. Messy to clean up.
Yea, the wife really loves her floorboards for that reason, she doesn't have to worry about melting her shoes all the time. As for feeling secure it helps to have the backrest. I could see where having floorboards and no backrest for the pass. could be a bit not secure feeling :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts