Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen PICS of the Nomad backrest on a Vaquero.. I have searched and hunted from so many websites, and cannot locate one.. If you have one where did you find it?? Thanks

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Steve, I think the pics you saw are of the Nomad backrest on a Voyager (making it look like a Vaquero).... The bags are the same on the Nomad and Voyager, but a bit different on the Vaq, so the chrome trim from the Nomad may not transfer to the Vaq....

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhhhh I think you are correct.. thanks Kap!

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is it.. good call Kap.. it is the voyager.. I didn't notice the front lower fairing

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can even place it on a 1700 Classic....that's what I did. Looks, fits perfectly.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
You can even place it on a 1700 Classic....that's what I did. Looks, fits perfectly.
Sweet... How about some Pics!!! Let's see what that looks like....

I'd love to put one of those on both my Voyager and Classic. I think the issue is finding them....

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet... How about some Pics!!! Let's see what that looks like....

I'd love to put one of those on both my Voyager and Classic. I think the issue is finding them....
+1 on the Pics. Romans says you have to cut to modify it? is that correct?

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
unfortunately, I can't find any nomad backrest even through the Kawai web pages.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I scored mine for 150$ plus 50$ for shipping from someone out west who removed theirs to install a hard case and just wanted it gone. I specifically wanted that backrest since all others don't come close to its comfort AND, the side hand rails for the wife. I don't have access to the pics however take a look at my gallery as I did post a couple there awhile ago.

Taking off the side trim covers on the classic reveals pre drilled offset holes that match the holes of this backrest perfectly. No drilling required. I was actually fascinated that Kawi thought of that but then again, I presume the frames are the same across the class and vaquero etc.

This backrest was 1000$ from the dealership when I called them. It was just luck that when I did a Kijiji search, I happened to find it! It came complete.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I scored mine for 150$ plus 50$ for shipping from someone out west who removed theirs to install a hard case and just wanted it gone. I specifically wanted that backrest since all others don't come close to its comfort AND, the side hand rails for the wife. I don't have access to the pics however take a look at my gallery as I did post a couple there awhile ago.

Taking off the side trim covers on the classic reveals pre drilled offset holes that match the holes of this backrest perfectly. No drilling required. I was actually fascinated that Kawi thought of that but then again, I presume the frames are the same across the class and vaquero etc.

This backrest was 1000$ from the dealership when I called them. It was just luck that when I did a Kijiji search, I happened to find it! It came complete.
Great deal.. I just need to patient in my search

1 - 13 of 13 Posts