Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want 8 seat bumpbers (dampers) to simplify switching seats on the VN900. Just went to three different on-line parts sellers, each claiming 40% discount. They all wanted $2.47 to 2.97 each ( parts cost about a nickel to make). As if they weren't overcharging already, they each wanted $19 to $23 to ship UPS ground, for a small handful of parts that would fit in a padded envelope.

I refuse to do business with scalpers. Eff'em.

They are:
www.KawasakiPartsTeam.com/Motocycle
www.KawasakiPartsNation.com
www.PowersportsWarehouse.com

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not sure if you've already ordered, but cheapcycleparts.com is reliable and the shipping fees are reasonable.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The USPS seems to be too much trouble so vendors put the screws to us by using the boys in brown. It will only get worse as USPS goes down the economy toilet. You can see how big the markup is on stuff when they can offer free shipping if you spend $99 or more. In my fishing club we pool our orders for boat candy and fishing tackle to reduce shipping costs since we already pay a premium price for "marine" items.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I know I would not take the 'simplified' way if it meant I had to spend $40 bucks for only a few minutes work.

It's called capitalism. If you need it and they got it, they gotcha. You don't need it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS to mc_dsm, cheap cycle parts had them for $1.73 each plus 5.95 shipping. Done for under $20, half the price of the other guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts