Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have two complete pair of "hippo hands".... for riding in very cold weather. One was for a Suzuki C50...one was for a VTX 1300.
perfect shape... and they probably can be adapted to fit almost any bike.
http://www.hippohands.com/06FZ6_3.JPG
free to good home for shipping...
I've been thinking about getting a set of hippo hands for this winter...

Do you think either of the sets you have would fit decently on a 500-A?

I don't really have anything decent to part forward, though, other than some pretty thrashed 1980 CB400T parts.... The seat is pretty good, but I kind of want to hold onto it for now... I haven't decided if I'm going to cut the existing one down to fit around my luggage rack or if I'll build a whole new one... And sometime this weekend I will probably have some OEM jets, float needles, etc, that could probably be cleaned up and reused, though AFAIK those particular carbs were only used on the '78-'80 CM/CB400T. Maybe some rear signals at some point, but I won't know for sure if I'm going to use them or some cheap trailer lights until later...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
yes, I think the VTX set would fit... they cover the handgrips and I do think those are pretty commonly sized....even if the engine sizes are different... ;)

however... unless you come up with a decent offering yourself, the rules wont let me ship this to ya... SMILE....

Annie

I've been thinking about getting a set of hippo hands for this winter...

Do you think either of the sets you have would fit decently on a 500-A?

I don't really have anything decent to part forward, though, other than some pretty thrashed 1980 CB400T parts.... The seat is pretty good, but I kind of want to hold onto it for now... I haven't decided if I'm going to cut the existing one down to fit around my luggage rack or if I'll build a whole new one... And sometime this weekend I will probably have some OEM jets, float needles, etc, that could probably be cleaned up and reused, though AFAIK those particular carbs were only used on the '78-'80 CM/CB400T. Maybe some rear signals at some point, but I won't know for sure if I'm going to use them or some cheap trailer lights until later...

·
Registered
927 Posts
Dan... didja get the seat yet ??
Hello Annie,

yes it came yesterday :) i got in late and did not see it. Just got in tonight...
Thank you again!! Dan

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks to Tallannie for the Hippo Hands. Looking forward to trying them out. Now, on to spreading the love. I have a Vista Cruise Universal Cruise Control. I only used it 5-10 times on my V9C, but it doesn't quite work well with my handlebar control covers. All the parts are included. I estimate $5 for shipping.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Once I hear from Ponch on the seat I can post my pay it forward parts, Led lights(amber for rear) will post pics once I hear about the rear seat.
steve'o,, sent the seat over a week ago. did it ever arrive? do I need to do a ups trak? lemme know. ponchout

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
OK part it forward..
rx, be sure to wash b4 dinner. you show up the table like that, you be eating yor dinner w/the dog. outside.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Bump.....

I think Ponch and I are the only folks who actually sent something to someone here..... but there are still some items available....

....and surely some more of you have items to share?

c'mon....this is a nice thing to do....!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree this is a great thing to do, I will have a number of parts here pretty soon coming off of my 92 Vulcan 1500, and that is what I plan to do is to put them on here to try and help someone else out, thats what its all about!!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
sonar goes ping!

Once I hear from Ponch on the seat I can post my pay it forward parts,
Led lights(amber for rear) will post pics once I hear about the rear seat.
never did hear back if that seat arrived safely, that was over a month ago? sent via ups ground no charge for the shipping. have sent numerous parts to guys on this forum this way b4 this idea got feet. usually hear something. nada.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thank you for an easy and successful transaction! Enjoy the headlight!
no problem...I like the user name, you were much easier to deal with than most of the 5150's I've ran across ;)

·
Registered
814 Posts
LED light system

I just purchased a 1500 Drifter that has blue and purple LED illumination all over the engine, pipes, front, underside, and rear. They all work, have a brightness control and switch for constant on, blinking, and rate of blinking. I don't know the brand, but have included some photos.

I'm going to remove them and careful with keeping everything intact, so if anyone has an interest in them, PM me. Just pay for shipping and they are yours.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
some ideas just need to die,, this is one of them

rf,, this thread died almost as soon as it began 4-5yrs ago.. the very few who actually participated got no traction from the group.. I have sent multiple dozens parts all over this and a few other countries free, even no charge shipping just cuz someone asked and had genuine appreciation b4 and after..
here, I shipped parts including free shipping and didn't even get feedback that it arrived let alone a thank you.. in itself that will kill any reason to continue.

participating in other threads this and other 4ms. if anybody ask for something cuz they genuinely need the part and are appreciative, most fellas I know will part it out for less than reasonable, often free. poncho

21 - 40 of 49 Posts