Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking for a crash bar or engine guard for a 2003 1600 Classic. The ones I see on ebay show 2 mounting tabs on each side, but I cannot figure where the top mounting tabs bolt onto. If someone knows a part # to look up, I would really appreciate it. Also, If someone can post a pic of your 1600 Classic crash bars in a close-up, I would really appreciate it.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, 22 members have viewed my questions but no replies? Can a brother get some help please?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi, I don't own a 1600 so can't give you a definite answer but this video on you tube may be of some help? https://youtu.be/q-QbuiaRcp4

·
BOTM Winner, December 2016
331 Posts
I have the Cobras on my 05...
The top bracket is made of a separate piece that clamps together around the frame ...

I bought the standard size but the Fattys look cool too...

Luckymann77

·
Registered
38 Posts
Luckymann77: Are those Cobras made well? I've got an '04 1500 classic and have stock engine guards on currently. They've started to pit around the weld joints and want wider ones anyways. Was looking at the Cobras. Are happy with 'em?

Note to anyone reading this thread: the fatty's look good but have fun trying to get pegs with clamps large enough.

·
Registered
128 Posts
On my 07 1600 I have the fatty highway bar along with the longhorn pegs from Kuryakn.
They have been great for me and the bar does look nice.
I'm out of town but around the 24th I can take some pics if you want a couple.
Bret A.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts