Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 1600 Nomad. I always wondered why the paint on the front fender sparkled so much more than the tank. I learned why the hard way. My wife's bicycle fell over and took off a chunk of paint the size of a quarter. The shop says it's a different sized flake than stock, so the front fender was repainted... UGH, fix the fender which isn't stock, but close, or repaint the whole bike? Or, repaint the fender to stock color which.... I don't like as much.

I've painted things before and I have a set of fenders and tank in the attic from a different bike that I can practice on. So I 'm thinking about stripping her down and painting her a new color... maybe all candy apple red, or deep metalic wine, or something dark and shiney.

BUT:
1. How do I get the Chrome badge of the side?
2. I'd like to find some templates or something for flames instead of the badge. I'd like to paint it something barely different than the primary color and use a slightly different colored flake so it's not really noticeable until the sun hits it. Anyone have any idea where I can find paint masks? I'm not having much luck coming up with them.

Thanks in advance.
Crusty.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Crusty,

The badge on my 2003 is just stuck on with 2 sided tape so it will peel off. I am planning on a complete paint update on mine and am going too air brush some ghost flames on it. Just google ghost flames and there are videos to show you how to do it.

You stripe the flames and then air brush around the edges with a pearl color before you clear coat the whole tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts