Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

I have two pin head (literally) size nicks in the gas tank and I wanted to get a dab of touch up paint to fill them with. These are tiny, but I know they are there and they drive me nuts. Anyone have any luck trying to match colors at O'Reily or Auto Zone for a stick or pen that's close. I have the two tone black/burgandy color on a 2010 900LT. Just something to fill in the two nicks in the tank. I know they sell the kits with the primer, paint, and clear coat, but I'm trying not to break the bank for these two tiny nicks. Proabably would even have to be an exact match. Anything would look better than the metal showing through.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
Funny how something small on our bikes that probably no one would notice, makes us crazy.
Candy Diamond Red code 25T and Ebony code 602. Paint prices sure have gone up. I had a tiny knick on my Black Honda F6b and touched it up with a Sharpie pen.😀

·
Registered
2017 Vulcan 900 Classic
592 Posts
I have also heard of owners using fingernail polish for those very small nicks.

·
Registered
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Classic
26 Posts
My nick is on the front fender where it got hit bty a rock on the highway. I felt it the impact in the handlebar. The fender is a dark blue color where nicked. Some clear nail polish should at least stop it from rusting. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I tried nail polish. Looks ok. Not perfect, but way less noticeable. By the way, my 900’s fenders are plastic, I believe. It’s a 2010

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yeah, I tried nail polish. Looks ok. Not perfect, but way less noticeable. By the way, my 900’s fenders are plastic, I believe. It’s a 2010
Yes all 900's have plastic fenders, as well as side panels, and valve covers. cuts weight.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
And the kicker is that most of Kawi's colors are 3 paint color.s Under coat, translucent color and clear coat. A set of touch up pens for each of your two tones will run you about $80. I tried to get the smallest size bottles for my 900 custom from Colorrite and I was quoted $60 each for 3 - 1.5 oz bottles. And this is a single color bike. Outrageous.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And the kicker is that most of Kawi's colors are 3 paint color.s Under coat, translucent color and clear coat. A set of touch up pens for each of your two tones will run you about $80. I tried to get the smallest size bottles for my 900 custom from Colorrite and I was quoted $60 each for 3 - 1.5 oz bottles. And this is a single color bike. Outrageous.
Prices on any kind of paint these days are crazy. $45 a gallon for house paint is also ridiculous!

·
Registered
2017 Vulcan 900 Classic
592 Posts
"80 million people" picked this situation. The rest of us just need to be judicious in our choice of expenditures.

Prices on any kind of paint these days are crazy. $45 a gallon for house paint is also ridiculous!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts