Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After i customize my flat black 900 custom i will need to get it painted.one color,no flake,something simple.How much should that cost,and i am assuming I will be taking all the parts to them to paint and put them back on afterwards.I am going to be doing extensive work, so dont want maaco caliber paint job.

·
Registered
113 Posts
After i customize my flat black 900 custom i will need to get it painted.one color,no flake,something simple.How much should that cost,and i am assuming I will be taking all the parts to them to paint and put them back on afterwards.I am going to be doing extensive work, so dont want maaco caliber paint job.
I recently had a quote of $900, but that was for a 2 color job and to shave the tail light section. However, I decided to do the job myself, and by the time I was done buying paint, and a few specialty tools, supplies and value of my time added in, I was beginning think maybe $900 wasn't so bad. Actually, I truly enjoyed doing the job myself, and I feel like I got a pretty decent paint job out of it, and learned a lot in the process.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont want to waste a lot of money trying to do it myself.But it would be fun if i had money to waste on screwups.Glad yours turned out good.I get runs,overspray,underspray,you name it anytime i have tried.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Repainted mine last year. For my cost was around $450 doing it myself. Got 2 quotes for single color at $750, and $1200. But they both did all the polishing also. Had to buy spray gun, paint, clear, and I added pearl to it. Plus primers in spray can, and sanding supplies.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts