Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

paint codes

14K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  hayes 
#1 ·
I have a blue vn900 classic. I have searched for a place to find paint codes and haven't had any luck. And before anyone says it, don't recommend ColorRite. My paint guy said to get the actual Kawasaki code so that he can get the best match possible, and ColorRite doesn't give deals to anyone so the price will be higher. Does anyone know the code or have a link to where I can find the code?

Thanks,
-Brandon

#2 ·
Are you sure there IS a color code? I've been looking on the internet and it seems like a lot of bikes don't have OEM color codes.

Many sites are just suggesting you take what you want painted to the shop and have them match it up as best they can.

This is the only site i've found that offeres any Kawi codes at all: CycleColor. Hope it helps.

#3 ·
I saw that, but none of those match to my bike very well...

#4 ·
My paint guy said to get the actual Kawasaki code so that he can get the best match possible, Thanks,
-Brandon
Does he not have a scanner, when i took mine to the paint shop i also took the front fender with the two tone on it, as well as the pin stripe. With the scanner it was a perfect match, automotive paint, no base coat.

#5 ·
I'll have to ask. Our I might have to f find a painter who has a scanner. I don't even care if its a perfect match...just close enough.

#6 ·
It will be unnoticeble, both my colors in the 2 tone have metal flake in them plus the clear coat, depends on the painter i guess but you should be impressed when the job is done. :)

#7 · (Edited)
I don't know what year your bike is but if its the Candy Plasma Blue II the paint code is 524. You have to be careful though because Kawasaki used this code for two different blues. Before 2007 it was a solid blue. After 2007 it is the metallic blue used on the VN900.

Also, this color is a 3 stage, which means, the color is achieved in a 3 step process. First a metallic (usually silver) ground coat, followed by a transparent blue candy coat, and finally clear coat. Some places will sell you a simple base/clear where the metallic and candy blue are combined in one coat followed by clear. This may be an approximate match, but won't look the same. Unfortunately, this makes it more expensive.

Hope that helps,

#8 ·
I don't know what year your bike is but if its the Candy Plasma Blue II the paint code is 524. You have to be careful though because Kawasaki used this code for two different blues. Before 2007 it was a solid blue. After 2007 it is the metallic blue used on the VN900.

Hope that helps,
I guess if I had looked I would've seen that you have a 2009. :)

#9 ·
Very helpful. Thank you. I'll have to look into that paint and see what my painter says. Right now I'm still chasing down painter leads. This is taking forever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.