Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone happen to know the paint code for the Vulcan 900 Custom SE frame? I'm looking to paint the chrome headlamp trime ring and chrome taillight trim ring the same color as the frame and handle bar (more chrome elimination). I thought about going with black, but this idea seemed to be against the grain and still fits with the bike style. I also thought about using the same orange as the covers and pinstripes, but I thought that would be a bit too bold.

TIA!

·
Registered
38 Posts
That is a good idea. I don't know what it is however. I was considering getting the chrome powdercoated black...maybe I will get it powdercoated that Grey color instead? Let me know if you find out the code. I will look also.

Take care.

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a good idea. I don't know what it is however. I was considering getting the chrome powdercoated black...maybe I will get it powdercoated that Grey color instead? Let me know if you find out the code. I will look also.

Take care.
Going to my dealer on Friday, so I should find out then or shortly thereafter. I'll be sure to update this thread.

:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
whoa, get out of my head! haha I was planning on doing the same exact thing on my bike. I just got her last week and i'm already thinkin about what colors to do the chrome parts. I'm not a fan of chrome myself(hence the reason i loved the look of this bike) and i was considering even powdercoating the brake and clutch levers and assemblies. The blinkers would be a must as well. Its just a matter of black or gray for the different parts...wait...i just got a brilliant idea...we need someone whos photoshop savvy on this thread stat!

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whoa, get out of my head! haha I was planning on doing the same exact thing on my bike. I just got her last week and i'm already thinkin about what colors to do the chrome parts. I'm not a fan of chrome myself(hence the reason i loved the look of this bike) and i was considering even powdercoating the brake and clutch levers and assemblies. The blinkers would be a must as well. Its just a matter of black or gray for the different parts...wait...i just got a brilliant idea...we need someone whos photoshop savvy on this thread stat!
Well, I can save you some time on the turn signals...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-BULLET-TURN-SIGNALS-KAWASAKI-VULCAN-750-800-900-1500_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35598QQihZ024QQitemZ370208224511QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
2 Posts
uh yea, haha. that was quick and easy. You dont find enough of those kind of deals. Reasonably priced solutions. I love it. Anyway back to drillin my baffles out :cool:

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:

My dealer said he doesn't have the code but can order the paint direct from Kawasaki...at a premium price, I'm sure. He said it matches sorta close to Kawasaki's 26M Flat Metallic Grey but it won't be exact. I have emailed ColorRite to see if they can find a match.

Have either of you received your turn signals yet?

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like to know the answer to this as well. Got a few stone chips to touch up on my frame.
here's the email I got from ColorRite:

Hello,
You will have to contact Kawasaki Motor Corp and have them get you the color name & color code to see if I can even get the color. You will also need to make sure they are painted and not powder coated or anodized. Thanks.

Steve,
ColorRite Dist. West, Inc.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That doesn't sound to encouraging. You'd think since its not just a basic black frame that they would have a paint code listed or touch up available through a dealer. I don't think its powder coated as the paint isn't very tough.

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That doesn't sound to encouraging. You'd think since its not just a basic black frame that they would have a paint code listed or touch up available through a dealer. I don't think its powder coated as the paint isn't very tough.
I'm going to look around today and see what I can find to match it. I know the cost through the dealer is going to be through the roof and for what I need it for (just a couple of trim pieces), I'm not going to pay $100+ to do it when I can find something else that is nearly indistinguishable.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Can you let me know what you come up with and how it matches? I suppose you could try an automotive paint supplier. I think they have something that can look at paint and duplicate it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts