Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom used with no owners manual. Anyone have any idea where I can get one or if there is an online version?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Most motorcycle manufacturers provide PDF copies of their OWNERS manual on their cooperate web sites. Sometimes Kawi is no exception. Do not confuse this with the SERVICE manual, which is much bigger (and more expensive - unless you steal it by "buying" a pirated PDF copy.)
While waiting on hold for a work related issue I did a brief search:

The 2007 manual is not available for download.
It's a little quirky, but you can download the manual for a 2008 B-model here:

http://www.kawasaki-techinfo.net/showOM.php?view_lang=EN&spec=US&book_no=99987-1599&lang_code=EN

It's a chapter-by-chapter download, but I tested it with the front matter and it seems to work. It will give you a good starting point. The VN900(x) had changed little from 06 through 10.
If you're computer challenged, or you want to get the reeeal deal, you can order a paper copy at this site also. I've seen them on eBay as well.

Good Luck.

ATTENTION MODS. The above is a legit site, and not one of the 10,000 places you can download a "free" SERVICE manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks

Thanks for the info. That link keeps crashing after the first chapter. I definitely am looking for the owners manual and not the service manual. I'll keep trying. An online PDF of the owner's manual is what I am looking for.

Looks like if I go through the Index the chapters won't crash. Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You can get them from Kawasaki's web site. There is a 'purchase manuals' link at the bottom of the left column on the homepage. I think they are around $20 with shipping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Manuals on Wesbite

They don't sell the 2007 900 Custom Owner's manual, just the service manual. Not exactly sure why, it would seem like a pretty normal request.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You could also get one from your local Kawasaki dealer, they might also get it for you cheaper than the website, who knows, it can't hurt to call.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Most motorcycle manufacturers provide PDF copies of their OWNERS manual on their cooperate web sites. Sometimes Kawi is no exception. Do not confuse this with the SERVICE manual, which is much bigger (and more expensive - unless you steal it by "buying" a pirated PDF copy.)
While waiting on hold for a work related issue I did a brief search:

The 2007 manual is not available for download.
It's a little quirky, but you can download the manual for a 2008 B-model here:

http://www.kawasaki-techinfo.net/showOM.php?view_lang=EN&spec=US&book_no=99987-1599&lang_code=EN

It's a chapter-by-chapter download, but I tested it with the front matter and it seems to work. It will give you a good starting point. The VN900(x) had changed little from 06 through 10.
If you're computer challenged, or you want to get the reeeal deal, you can order a paper copy at this site also. I've seen them on eBay as well.

Good Luck.

ATTENTION MODS. The above is a legit site, and not one of the 10,000 places you can download a "free" SERVICE manual.
Thanks ETC(SS), I was lost without the manual. Picked up my new to me bike and of course it didn't come with a manual .

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts