Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a silly question but I recently purchased a 2009 900 Custom & dang if I can't figure out where the owner's manual (as well as the registration & insurance info) go on the bike. The dude who sold it handed me the o.m. which I carried on my person while riding the bike home. Is it possible that there simply isn't any place on the bike to stow it? If so that seems messed up 'cuz you're s'posed to carry the registration & insurance info w/you. I have 2 Hondas & each has it's o.m. etc stored on the underside of the seat. What gives?:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
There is no, none, zero, zip, nada storage on a 900!
I put my insurance card and the registration card in a small zip-lok bag, and squeezed it between the battery, and the battery box! And there was barely room for that!
Hey, they had to cut some corners to make room for the wonderful stock seat, right?

·
Registered
702 Posts
I keep my info in a ziploc bag in the tool box under the seat. Fits kinda tight but it works. I also have a tank bib with a small storage pouch that comes in handy for phone, wallet etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response guys. I was afraid of that but good info re the important docs in a ziplock in the tool case. Bummer re the owners manual though. Oh well... d

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I still do the waterproof bag underneath the tool pouch thing. If I know I'm going to the DMV or somewhere that I'll need it I'll put it in my bags or pocket, otherwise I just leave everything under the seat so that so it isn't falling out or getting rained on.

·
Registered
273 Posts
storage

I keep my OM in a ziplock bag on top of the battery container under my mustang seat. Not sure I'll ever look at it, but I won't lose it that way either. So far it hasn't gotten wet.
I might be different, but I keep my reg. and insurance in my wallet. My son is an officer and suggested it. This way of thinking is if someone steals my ride and gets pulled over they can tell the police they are borrowing it and have the stuff to make it legal. If they get pulled over and don't have any they will be in trouble and that story won't fly. Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts