Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Overdrive Pulley

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Hoaaah 
#1 ·
Was wondering if anyone else that installed the pulley have a jerk when starting in first gear just about when the clutch if fully engadged. I didn't have this before I had the pulley installed, or at least I didn't notice it. Almost seems like the engine is lugging. I tied more throttle when starting out, and the jerk seems less but still there. Any thoughs as to what could be causing this? Just recently had the VN900 inspected, and asked to service department to check this, but they said I'm OK. I would have hoped they would had taken the bike out and test ride it but they didn't....

SS

#2 ·
Just guessing here, but is your drive belt tension correct after the install? Sounds like it could be too loose. I have the pulley on my bike, and notice I need to feather the clutch a bit more than before when starting from a dead stop, but no jerking.

#3 ·
DITO to what ikindiot said, just a little more feather in the clutch department, but no jerk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.