Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!
My 09 just turned 500 miles. As I was riding yesterday something came up that has me scratching my head.
My left turn signal is flashing twice as fast as my right. I checked the bulbs and they are lighting up. Are the rear signal lamps supposed to be on all the time like the fronts? (They are not)
Obviously the bike is under warranty but I hate to bring it to the dealer if there is something obvious that I'm missing and could take care of myself.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Call the service department at your dealer and ask them about it before you take it in. They might be able to tell you right away what's going on there.

·
Registered
273 Posts
mine did that before i put on the aftermarket blinkersin the rear i just assumed it was to let the rider know which was flashing the right or the left (made sense in my mind anyway) lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well at least I'm not alone.
I can state for a fact that they were both blinking at the same rate untill a couple of days ago.
Thanks redknob for confirming that the rear tail lights do not stay on all the time like the fronts.

·
Registered
641 Posts
That happened to me once on my 500 and I think it was a loose wire somewhere that they fixed real quick and it hasn't happened again. Dealer should know.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
My '08 900 Custom just started doing the same thing this morning. Have you heard what might cause it yet?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope.
I havn't called the dealer. If the weather cooperates I may run the Bike over there.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Called the dealership, and he said sometimes the wires in the lights will rattle loose with the vibes in the bike, the the "fast flash" was to indicate either a short or a burnt out bulb. He told me to check the rear lights first (wires are just up under the fender) and "give 'em a good tug". He also said sometimes it happens in the front lights, and the running lights will come on, but the signal portion won't flash...

Sure enough, when I got home, I noticed one of the rear lights was working sporadically, so I got under there, tugged on the left rear wiring, not hard but firm, and the flash corrected itself. Worst comes to worst, I'll have to take that light off, get inside, and re-attach the wire to solve the problem.

Dealership nailed one for me, so I'm back up and running. ;)

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
Called the dealership, and he said sometimes the wires in the lights will rattle loose with the vibes in the bike, the the "fast flash" was to indicate either a short or a burnt out bulb. He told me to check the rear lights first (wires are just up under the fender) and "give 'em a good tug". He also said sometimes it happens in the front lights, and the running lights will come on, but the signal portion won't flash...

Sure enough, when I got home, I noticed one of the rear lights was working sporadically, so I got under there, tugged on the left rear wiring, not hard but firm, and the flash corrected itself. Worst comes to worst, I'll have to take that light off, get inside, and re-attach the wire to solve the problem.

Dealership nailed one for me, so I'm back up and running. ;)
awesome...great info.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
That get yours fixed too, Angliam?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts