Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 Vulcan 800 classic

My bike is overheating when I take it on the highway at high speeds and I cant seem to track it down. When I bought the bike i had no overheating issues. I was able to take it on I-75 and run it at 80 miles an hour (although its high RPM's) though an entire tank of gas with no issues.

My bike began to overheat on a regular basis after I painted the engine. I stripped the paint and it continued to overheat.

I dug a little deeper and discovered the bike had no thermostat in it. I put one in and it continued to overheat.

I dug even further and discovered the mechanical seal and shaft bearing were shot. I fixed these issues put it all back together and the bike is still overheating.

I dont know what could be wrong. As far as I can tell everything in the cooling system is now set up properly. How could the bike keep overheating.

There is no coolant in the oil.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crap I knew nothing about this. Ok well I hope I can save it. I'm sure it's not as bad as the bike in the video but damn. That's a pretty serious thing to do every 6000 miles. I think I'll be selling her after I get her squared away.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well, it's not so hard to check Your valves. Just follow the service manual.
One more video from the same guy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts