Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! My name's Brandon, and I Just bought myself a Vulcan!

First of all, I'd like to address my user name, which is “kawk”. It's the abbreviation used for the “make” on my bike's registration. I noticed it right away and thought it was funny. I don't really know what qualifies as bad taste on a forum like this, and I'd certainly be willing to change it if other members find it offensive. I already tried to changing it to “kawky”, but I couldn't figure out how!

So lets get to the important stuff. I bought a 2003 vn800 classic not more than 2 weeks ago. It has just over 7k miles on it, and I paid $2500 for it. This is my second bike. I've been riding a 1994 shadow vlx600 for about 2 years. I'm 5'9” and 160lb, so the 600 served me well, but I need to step it up and the Vulcan is the answer!!!

There's only one problem. My new baby needs a lot of TLC before she's ready to roll. I'm deep in the process already, and I definitely have some questions.

I've been working on cars and trucks regularly since I was a teenager. At this point I do virtually all of the maintenance and repairs on all of my vehicles. My only experience working on motorcycles came with my shadow 600. I paid $600 for that bike, which had been sitting for 10 years, and put a lot of work into it over the last 2 years. I'm definitely not a mechanic, but I get things figured out eventually. I'm in the process of going over every inch of the Vulcan right now. I'm cleaning, replacing, fixing, adjusting, and/or upgrading any and everything that needs it. You guys have already helped me out a ton. I've learned a lot and answered a lot of questions just reading through the discussions posted on this forum, and now it's time for me to join in. I've frequented other forums for years now regarding a wide range of topics, but this is the first time I've ever actually signed up and become a member. I'm excited to join the discussion, and proud to be a Vulcan rider!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Welkome to the klub. Your handle will do just fine, we spell things with K as a tribute to Kawas we ride, even have an unofficial Kawaboy klique. You'll fit right in on this forum. Give it a few, admins will enable your profile for postings, just an antispammer percussion. Welkome to the forum!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts