Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'v always liked the Road King, looked at one today for the sake of curiosity. 20K they are out of their mind, Road King, Nomad, no brainer. NOMAD HERE I COME!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'v always liked the Road King, looked at one today for the sake of curiosity. 20K they are out of their mind, Road King, Nomad, no brainer. NOMAD HERE I COME!!!
More Road Kings are sold than Nomads. So many people have a need, HD provides the fantasy. :pill: At the end of the day who sleeps better?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I like the way the street glide looks but,EVERY other bike you see is a street glide,i'll stick with my 1600 Classic because quite frankly,HD cant hold a candle to it!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I test rode a slightly used 08 Road King before I bought my 2010 Nomad. The HD had 8000 miles on it and the dealer was asking $15000. I bought my Nomad new for $13250 last fall.
I thought the HD was smallish for me. I do not know all the Harley's types, but this Road King shook something awful at idle. This would have ruined my tendonitis surgury that I had done on my forearms. Going down the road in sixthgear wasn't nearly as bad though. The bike simply felt crude and harsh. My Nomad is smooth and powerful, and I am totally happy with my purchase.
If money wasn't an object, I would buy a HD for a second bike, but that's it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I looked at the HD road king - I was impressed with the dealership and service (impression) but could not get over the $ - I also have no HD fantasy - I like what I like, bought the Voyager 1700. :) I sleep just fine

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I have always owned HD until I bought my Voyager 1700abs a few months ago. I agree that from a riding standpoint, my Voyager blows every Harley I ever owned away. It simply performes better. However, there is no comparison in fit and finish to the HD IMHO. I must say however, that I have a hard time saying the HD fit and finish is worth so much. BTW I have owned sporties, softails and road kings. Yes the Roadkings shake at idle as do all the rubber mounted non-counter balanced HD models do. The Softails are smooth. I loved the Heritage Softail Classic I traded for the Voyager but my wife and I needed to move up to a full touring model and the HD was just out of our reach and the performance was no where close. (Unless you wanted to drop close to 40K on a CVO.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
The pain of living in OZ

As a Voyager 1700 owner downunder.
$23,500 for my bike.
(Aussie dollar is running about $ for $ with the US).
A road king is about $32,000 in Australia, currently that would be
$32,000 US dollars. Ouch !!!
From planet OZ.
VEE02

1 - 11 of 11 Posts