Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Very happy with purchase

The bike lift was delivered today and it works great.

I can leave the bike on the kick stand and push the lift under the bike where I want it and then start raising the jack. The bike will slowly start to level out and then when fully upright it will start to lift off the ground. It is so stable you can do this without touching the bike but I still hold on to it while doing this.

The bike will lift up very smoothly and when using the release lever with slight pressure the bike will descend very smoothly also. It is not the quick jerky descent that I had with the Harbor Freight that I gave to the buyer of my Nomad.

It did cost me $194.21 total with tax and free shipping but for me it was well worth the extra money for the large 17" long pads and piece of mind with the wider frame I have on the Voyager.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Can you post pictures of the lift in use? More specifically, can you tell me if I can change the oil while on this lift?

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Sometimes you come out ahead if you spend a little more and get a quality product. Glad you like the lift. I spent a lot on mine too. I noticed you're from Placerville. You're in an awesome area for motorcycle riding. Spent 3 years in the Air Force at Mather/Ranch Cordova and loved going up to the mountains near Tahoe. Used to go fishing with friend near Kyburz. That was also where I bought my first bike, a Honda 305 Scrambler. We rode it up in the mountains a couple of times. I loved going up there.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you post pictures of the lift in use? More specifically, can you tell me if I can change the oil while on this lift?
You could possibly change the oil while on the lift if you push the lift a little further in than I did in these pictures. As you can see the one drain plug is very close to the cross support on the lift. If you raise the kick stand then you can position the lift to clear both drain plugs. You would need a drain pan that would fit in an area of 9-1/2" X 21-1/2" to fit inside the lifts lower frame work.

The filter is a very easy reach and clearance while on the lift.

This first picture shows both oil drain bolts. The one that is center top is a little close to the cross support on the lift but will clear it much better if lift is pushed in further before lifting. I didn't want to do that for the picture as you would want someone on the kick stand side balancing the bike while the stand is up and the lift is not supporting the bike. A two man job for safety sake.

THIS VIEW SHOWS THE LENGTH OF THE BIKE HORIZONTALLY ACROSS THE PICTURE.
[/url]IMG_0538 by Jim Diebolt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_0540 by Jim Diebolt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_0541 by Jim Diebolt, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sometimes you come out ahead if you spend a little more and get a quality product. Glad you like the lift. I spent a lot on mine too. I noticed you're from Placerville. You're in an awesome area for motorcycle riding. Spent 3 years in the Air Force at Mather/Ranch Cordova and loved going up to the mountains near Tahoe. Used to go fishing with friend near Kyburz. That was also where I bought my first bike, a Honda 305 Scrambler. We rode it up in the mountains a couple of times. I loved going up there.
I would rather pay the extra 100.00 for a lift big enough to handle the wide frame than have to call my insurance company to see if they cover damages when it falls off the smaller lift. And if the did cover I would still have to pay the 500.00 deductible.

Yes, Placerville is an awesome place to be retired and riding bikes on all the back roads in the area. I use my Garmin GPS along with Garmin's Base Camp software in conjunction with Google Earth to find out of the way back roads that are one lane blacktop roads that go forever with no civilization around. Sometimes I do come across logging trucks so I have to be very cautious about the corners.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great customer service also.....

I noticed that one of the caster wheels was slightly damaged and I sent an email with pics to them about it on Sunday.

First thing Monday morning I hear back that they are sending me a new one.

Can't ask for better service then that! :D

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
You could possibly change the oil while on the lift if you push the lift a little further in than I did in these pictures. As you can see the one drain plug is very close to the cross support on the lift. If you raise the kick stand then you can position the lift to clear both drain plugs. You would need a drain pan that would fit in an area of 9-1/2" X 21-1/2" to fit inside the lifts lower frame work.

The filter is a very easy reach and clearance while on the lift.

This first picture shows both oil drain bolts. The one that is center top is a little close to the cross support on the lift but will clear it much better if lift is pushed in further before lifting. I didn't want to do that for the picture as you would want someone on the kick stand side balancing the bike while the stand is up and the lift is not supporting the bike. A two man job for safety sake.

THIS VIEW SHOWS THE LENGTH OF THE BIKE HORIZONTALLY ACROSS THE PICTURE.
[/url]IMG_0538 by Jim Diebolt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_0540 by Jim Diebolt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_0541 by Jim Diebolt, on Flickr[/IMG]
Are you riding that bike or just lifting it up and down? LOL!

The bottom of mine doesn't look like that.

I have had no issues with the harbor freight, but that lift is nice. Congratulations on a good find. Of course I use Jack stands for stability once it is lifted.

·
Registered
189 Posts

I have had no issues with the harbor freight, but that lift is nice. Congratulations on a good find. Of course I use Jack stands for stability once it is lifted.

You beat me to it. The underneath side of my bike is filthy. Of course your garage looks a lot cleaner than mine so I guess you both have me beat :smile2:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

You beat me to it. The underneath side of my bike is filthy. Of course your garage looks a lot cleaner than mine so I guess you both have me beat
Yes I ride the bike, but I have only had it for 7 weeks now. The last three weeks I have not been able to ride because of health issues with my wife. I wouldn't expect it to be very dirty underneath with less then 1400 miles on the clock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts