Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Vulcan forums. I bought a 2007 Vulcan 500 with low mileage. The engine sounds good. The bike has the original Bridgestone Exedra tires on it. The front tire is dry rotted and needs replacement.

I haven't been able to drive it yet to make a decision about whether or not I like the Bridgestones and don't plan on it until I replace the dry rotted front tire. Do most of you stick with the original Bridgestone Exedras or replace with other brands like Dunlop 404's or Shinko 712's? Looks like the original Bridgestone runs around $100.00 whereas the Dunlops and Shinkos are quite a bit less.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm new to the Vulcan forums. I bought a 2007 Vulcan 500 with low mileage. The engine sounds good. The bike has the original Bridgestone Exedra tires on it. The front tire is dry rotted and needs replacement.

I haven't been able to drive it yet to make a decision about whether or not I like the Bridgestones and don't plan on it until I replace the dry rotted front tire. Do most of you stick with the original Bridgestone Exedras or replace with other brands like Dunlop 404's or Shinko 712's? Looks like the original Bridgestone runs around $100.00 whereas the Dunlops and Shinkos are quite a bit less.

Thanks for your input!
I tend to stay with oem Bs exedras,went thru 3 sets on the 900,2nd set on my 1700
tires seem not to last as long as others claim but they handle well ,predictable ,no wobble or shakes

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went with a set of Pirelli Route 66 tires. I don't ride thousands of miles a year so I can't speak to their longevity. But I did some research before I bought them and they receive high marks for good mileage. I have been very happy with their performance so far. Very good traction in the rain and when cornering. When my set finally wears out I will be buying this brand again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
500 : Based on the 45k miles I have, Bridgestones (BS) for sure. Got the most miles and best handling. i tried the Dunlops once they were the exact opposite of the BS; the 404's wore quickly and handling was downright scary.

Since someone suggested the Pirelli Route 66 tires, I love them on my Vulcan 900, never thought to try them on the 500 since the BS work so well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts