Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 VN900 Classic LT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Canadian Kawasaki dealer wants $419 for the crash bar distributed by Kawasaki.. Way too much..

I've been looking online. Lots for sale there, but the years seem limited. Most are listed as fitting 2006-2013 900 Classic model years. A couple are good up to 2016.

I was assuming that all VN900 Classics are the same and the earlier bars should fit later models.. There's not much to to installing one. Couple of clamps on the frame and a couple of bolts near the floorobards.... But, then I found one for sale that states: "(For 2006 to 2010 models, but not the 2008 model)." This leads me to believe they aren't all the same.

How do I know which bar to order for my 2020?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would suggest that you ask your Kawasaki dealer if the part number for the bars he has, also fit a 2018.
I recently put Cobra bars designed for a number of model years on my 2018. I would think if the OEM ones fit 2018 onwards, then Cobra should work too. The clamping mechanisms I believe, are similar with the Cobra being a far superior bracket.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have a Barron's engine guard on my 2013 VN900 LT. The website says they will fit up to 2017 models. However, AFAIK, there has been no change for some time on the VN900, so I would call them to ask if it would fit a 2020 model, if you're interested.

·
Registered
2020 VN900 Classic LT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies... Seems that most of the dealers on eBay and Amazon are just parts floggers and they don't really specialize in motorcycles.

Looks like I'll be contacting Barron and Cobra to see what they have to say. (Just to add... I looked at a YouTube video on installing the Barron's bar on a VN900. The mounting arrangement is a lot more robust -- might be my choice).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just installed a Baron engine guard on my 2009 900 Classic. Pretty robust item. If you want I will take some measurements like mount width, distance between mounting bolts, etc. Let me know.

·
Registered
2020 VN900 Classic LT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer... Much appreciated.

In my searches, I found out that my dealer also handles Baron's products. Will be dropping by my dealer's parts counter tomorrow. That way I can be sure whatever guard I go with will fit.

·
Registered
528 Posts
No grass hopper it does not. The Barron's mounts quite a bit differently from the "standard" engine guard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts