21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yep. Haven't done anything to it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
An SOS pad will clean those right up, follow it up with scrubbing with Turtle Wax chrome cleaner.
I actually scrubbed the hell out of them with an SOS. Tried an SOS with naval jelly, that worked a bit better. What worked best for me was a ball of aluminum foil and elbow grease. The foil is abrasive enough to take off the rust, but softer than the chrome, so no scratches!

But then I went over it with a steel brush and sandpaper, so it ended up scratched anyways, but if that's not what your going for, try the foil, it works wonders.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I recently got the bullet fairing and its installed I will post pictures tonight and a quick write up on my thoughts...I've considered PLASTI DIPPIN the clear part of the windshield so its a solid black...anyone done that or thought bout doing that?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Alright here are the pics of the fairing on the bike:

After riding it for a bit i have decided that at 6'3 it helps with the wind off the chest and body but you still have the wind in the face feel...perhaps someone who is shorter would have even less in their face...someone had mentioned that their sunglasses seemed to want to lift off their head but i did not experience the same thing...in fact the sunglasses i typically dont wear because they make my eyes water seemed to work just fine with the fairing...the fairing was really easy to install and it came in a high gloss black finish...overall i think the fairing was a good choice and it gives the bike a cleaned up front end look while also giving it a little bite because of the SOA appearance...very happy with the fairing from a functional and aesthetic stand point...hope that helps someone who's on the fence with the fairings

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice detailed write up and pics, definitely helps a lot. Thanks and congrats on your new addition!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got the memphis shades bullet fairing on my bike as well. Love it

·
Registered
77 Posts
Did the mounting hardware come with the shield or did you have to buy it seperatly?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did the mounting hardware come with the shield or did you have to buy it seperatly?

Everywhere I have seen has the mounting hardware sold separately.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The fairing/shield itself was like $150

The lowers are like $60 which are the pieces that attach to the forks

The plates are like $60 as well which connect the fairing to the lowers which inturn connects to the forks thus the whole bike

I already had the lowers because I have a quick release tombstone windshield so I only had to purchase the fairing and plates and it was like $212 from motorcyclesuperstore.com

Hope that explains it

·
Registered
77 Posts
The fairing/shield itself was like $150

The lowers are like $60 which are the pieces that attach to the forks

The plates are like $60 as well which connect the fairing to the lowers which inturn connects to the forks thus the whole bike

I already had the lowers because I have a quick release tombstone windshield so I only had to purchase the fairing and plates and it was like $212 from motorcyclesuperstore.com

Hope that explains it
Yup...gotta keep saving! :-D You would think they would include the flipping mounting hardware...but I guess they have to get their money some how...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yup...gotta keep saving! :-D You would think they would include the flipping mounting hardware...but I guess they have to get their money some how...
From what I can tell, the mounting hardware is sold separately due to the fact that multiple fairing styles use the same mounting hardware. So selling it separately would allow a single rider to have multiple styles for one bike

·
Registered
100 Posts
Little screen as alternative

For what it's worth, this might be an alternative for some.
I know it's not a fairing but by the looks of the posts here, this little screen would do the same job.
Cafe screen from Fire and Steel (I think ..)
What I like about this one is it still shows off the chrome headlight and the bars. It changes the look of the bike slightly and in my opinion, 'tidies up' the front end. The screen is fluted and throws the breeze off my chest. All the hardware is included and quite easy to install.
If anyone is interested I can probably organise some more photos to load on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Vulcan 900 custom big 3 with pcv
15 Posts
waiting on memphis shades bullet fairing to arrive. Mounting hardware costs almost same as actual fairing lol. For vulcan custom parts numbers are mem7111 and mek1972 for trigger lock

21 - 35 of 35 Posts