Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out on the limb and purchased the Bullet Fairing for my 900...as soon as it gets here on 4/30 or so i will attach it and take some detailed pictures and give you guys a detailed assessment of what i think bout looks, install and functionality on the road crusin round town and hwy...stoaked to put this puppy on!

·
Registered
169 Posts
waiting :D ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
How do you like it

Im interested in how well it works. I want to go to a bullet fairing, cause I dont like the look of my huge ass windshield. I took it completely off and almost blew off the back of the bike, I didnt like how much wind I got. Im curious how well this one deflects the wind, and what it looks like. Post pics please when you get the chance

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm also looking at the bullet fairing. How much was it all together? I imagine you had to pay almost as much for the mounting hardware as you did the shield right?

Thanks
-Delta

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im interested in how well it works. I want to go to a bullet fairing, cause I dont like the look of my huge ass windshield. I took it completely off and almost blew off the back of the bike, I didnt like how much wind I got. Im curious how well this one deflects the wind, and what it looks like. Post pics please when you get the chance
Yah no doubt that was exactly where i was with the wind blocking devices...i can stand the look of the tombstone windshield but good grief it does its job...a little too ol manish for me tho...as soon as i get it on i will get the pics up!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm also looking at the bullet fairing. How much was it all together? I imagine you had to pay almost as much for the mounting hardware as you did the shield right?

Thanks
-Delta

It was about 212 for the fairing and the plates because i already have the lowers from the windshield kit i have from memphis shades...I will get the pics and experience up here as soon as i get it installed!

·
Registered
273 Posts
who makes the bullet fairing? i was wondering what it looks like.

·
Registered
41 Posts
what color is your bike alfonso? i've been interested in one too, wondering how a black bullet would look on my green 900.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the Memphis Shades bullet fairing on my 900 Custom. Honestly, the look of it is IMO amazing. Functionality, it is going to depend on how tall you are. Now don't get me wrong, it takes the wind off your chest, and my arms don't get nearly as tired as they used to on 300 mile trips, however, being 5'11", the wind now hits me right in the forehead. I normally, 95% of the time, wear a full face helmet. Those times I do ride without it, I usually remove the fairing, otherwise my glasses tend to lift off my face. Overall, I love it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what color is your bike alfonso? i've been interested in one too, wondering how a black bullet would look on my green 900.
My bike is the black with the blue flake...i would say if you have other black accents on your green 900 like pipes or bags that it would look fine...might be some incentive to go for a matte look like the 2013+ customs that Kawasaki is rolling out...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I really like the way that looks! It will be interesting since i'm 6'3...i'll give a detailed report of helmet and no helmet with a stock seat at 6'3

Thanks for posting the pic....did it come with a matte finish or a glossy look...does it blend in well with the stock black/blue flake paint?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been working, slowly, on plasti dipping my chrome accents matte black, I'm planning on doing my pipes this week. I've been pretty happy so far with the black and green.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been working, slowly, on plasti dipping my chrome accents matte black, I'm planning on doing my pipes this week. I've been pretty happy so far with the black and green.
Luna,
I'm in the process of doing a set of spare stock pipes right now. How are you proceeding? I found 400 grit works pretty well getting the chrome off. Are you going that route or having someone sandblasting them and then doing the paint yourself?

-Delta

·
Registered
41 Posts
Luna,
I'm in the process of doing a set of spare stock pipes right now. How are you proceeding? I found 400 grit works pretty well getting the chrome off. Are you going that route or having someone sandblasting them and then doing the paint yourself?

-Delta

Delta,

Currently I have a set of terribly rusted britt pipes, I plan to clean them up with a wire wheel, sand, then finish off with rustoleum high heat primer and high heat flat black. 1367284196502.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
Delta,

Currently I have a set of terribly rusted britt pipes, I plan to clean them up with a wire wheel, sand, then finish off with rustoleum high heat primer and high heat flat black. View attachment 27154
Nice. That's exactly what I'm doing. I sanded the stock pipes this weekend and then put a few coats of primer on this morning. I'll let them sit overnight and then put a few coats of the flat black on before curing them. I just hope I don't scratch the crap out of them putting them on the bike! lol

I found this cats video to be pretty good...don't know if you've seen it yet.

Delta

·
Registered
273 Posts
that bullet fairing looks pretty sweet. thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I really like the way that looks! It will be interesting since i'm 6'3...i'll give a detailed report of helmet and no helmet with a stock seat at 6'3

Thanks for posting the pic....did it come with a matte finish or a glossy look...does it blend in well with the stock black/blue flake paint?

I actually bought it used off eBay, $125 shipped including the mounting hardware. Couldn't pass up that deal!!! It was the matte when I received it. It looks to come from Memphis Shades that way. I actually like the matte finish against the black/blue flake finish on the bike.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just put a bullet fairing on my 900 and rode about 175 miles yesterday. I loved it. A friend of mine is going to paint the black plastic to match my maroon. Still got the whole wind effect, looking sharp, and best of all, took little to no bugs to face. My friends w/o windshields/fairings on the other hand... Not so lucky haha.

Your bike looks sharp with it!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I love my bullet fairing, too. Sends the bugs right over my head.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts