Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guys at Phat Performance have done it again - not only do they have a great price and free shipping - you also get an additional 5% off orders over $300.....making this little beauty only $465 out the door!

Went Step/Stage (whatever) 2 debaffle, ended with 8 3/8 in holes...sounds pretty nice.....still need to put on the high-temp paint to finish it off. Will probably keep this way for a bit at least (a whole lot cheaper than new pipes)

Already have by BAK installed so I'm hoping to see some nice gains putting this tuner on there now...we shall see!:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The guys at Phat Performance have done it again - not only do they have a great price and free shipping - you also get an additional 5% off orders over $300.....making this little beauty only $465 out the door!

Went Step/Stage (whatever) 2 debaffle, ended with 8 3/8 in holes...sounds pretty nice.....still need to put on the high-temp paint to finish it off. Will probably keep this way for a bit at least (a whole lot cheaper than new pipes)

Already have by BAK installed so I'm hoping to see some nice gains putting this tuner on there now...we shall see!:D
Unfortunately, I just got an email saying it's on back order with an ETA of around 3 weeks --- I hate waiting!

·
Registered
950 Posts
I know the feeling. When you drop that much cash you want immediate gratification. Be patient. It will come soon enough, and your bike will run very well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did the same thing over the weekend and got the same email. Despite the Phat Performance website which states they will ship in 24-48 hrs w/ no mention of backorder. If anyone finds them in stock somewhere let us know! Can't wait to install and try it out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the same thing over the weekend and got the same email. Despite the Phat Performance website which states they will ship in 24-48 hrs w/ no mention of backorder. If anyone finds them in stock somewhere let us know! Can't wait to install and try it out.
Bummer for sure!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Showed up in fedex today...woo hoo!!

Will be a week or two until I can install....any tips/tricks?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Installation is pretty easy....unless you have big hands, then it's a bit of a pain. The instructions are pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I wish, mine was shipped but is still in transit with an eta of Aug 9. Guess I shouldn't have gone for the free shipping option. Keep me updated!

·
Registered
950 Posts
:fingers-crossed:

1st. DO NOT REMOVE THE FUEL TANK!!! :eek: Just loosen and support with a rolled up t-shirt or towel.;)

2d. When removing the connectors from the fuel injectors, use needle nose pliers. They are much more effective in tight spaces than fingers. :rolleyes:

3d. When complete, check all air hoses and make sure they are on tight.:thinking:

4th. On the first ride, take it out in the country and ride it hard through the gears 4 or 5 times. The processor will adjust to how you ride.:fingers-crossed:

The whole process should take maybe 15 or 20 minutes, excluding ride time. Let us know how it works out for you.:cool:

·
Registered
166 Posts

1st. DO NOT REMOVE THE FUEL TANK!!! :eek: Just loosen and support with a rolled up t-shirt or towel.;)

2d. When removing the connectors from the fuel injectors, use needle nose pliers. They are much more effective in tight spaces than fingers. :rolleyes:

3d. When complete, check all air hoses and make sure they are on tight.:thinking:

4th. On the first ride, take it out in the country and ride it hard through the gears 4 or 5 times. The processor will adjust to how you ride.:fingers-crossed:

The whole process should take maybe 15 or 20 minutes, excluding ride time. Let us know how it works out for you.:cool:
GOOD advice Ken !!
BTW - I'm quite happy with your (actually mine :D) Dobeck processor !!! Thanks again !!

Cheers

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thank ya sir!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Going to be installing tonight - finally! I have the BAK already installed, did you have to remove that out of the way to access the injector plugs or was there enough room with just the tank lifted up?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is there a discount code for that 5%, thank you
I think it is SUM5 - it's at the top of their webpage - it's their summer promo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts