Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Ordered a Memphis Shades batwing this morning, as soon as it comes in I'll post up some pictures.

I ordered it from Bikerhaven, first time using them so we'll see how it goes.

Got the fairing, mounting kit and 5" windshield for 374.90 shipped, I think it's a good deal very excited. :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Im thinking of get one...I was looking at them on ebay, For the memphis batwing, your choice of windshield and color thay wanted 338.95 with free shipping, but there's other things i want to do to the bike before that come's into play. Can't wait to see the pics!

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Put mine on about 2000 miles past, from BikerHaven. Here's a pic. I wouldn't buy another MC without a batwing windshield. I can now ride down the road at 70 miles without a lot of head buffeting and still be looking over the windshield instead of through it...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I bought mine thinking that I would use it for the winter then take it off once the weather warms up. We've had a few warm days (70ish) already but I like it so much I doubt I ever take it off.

Congrats on the purchase! Can't wait to see some pictures.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet, I have to go from Central Kentucky to Little Rock Arkansas during the last week of March. If the Batwing works out and the weather cooperates I may ride down.

Right now riding on the interstate is exhausting, but I'm hoping the fairing will change that.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Just in case you want more pics...

Mine comes off whenever the weather permits (I consider shields a necessary evil for long and/or cold rides), but I wouldn't be without it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was also thinking of this ..looks great..wondering about the size of the windshiled though...they go as big as 12 inch..what size are you guys using and are you happy or wish you went bigger?

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Mine is the 9 inch and I am 5'10' tall. If I push it straight up, the 9" is too tall, as my line of sight is split right at the top of the windshield, but pulled all the way back, it is about an inch to inch and a half above the top of the windshield. I have the best luck with no buffeting with it pulled back as far as it will go towards the rider...... Love the whitewalls, are they Metzlers? Thinking of putting on a new set before the heading out for the Pacific coast in August. I have 12,000 on my regular Mets, as of now, and figure to change just before the big ride....:))) Big grin!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is the 9 inch and I am 5'10' tall. If I push it straight up, the 9" is too tall, as my line of sight is split right at the top of the windshield, but pulled all the way back, it is about an inch to inch and a half above the top of the windshield. I have the best luck with no buffeting with it pulled back as far as it will go towards the rider...... Love the whitewalls, are they Metzlers? Thinking of putting on a new set before the heading out for the Pacific coast in August. I have 12,000 on my regular Mets, as of now, and figure to change just before the big ride....:))) Big grin!
Thanks ...i was thinking at least the nine inch ...your info helps a lot...

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Bill, is that a custom seat? Where did you find it? Looks com-fee....

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I was also thinking of this ..looks great..wondering about the size of the windshiled though...they go as big as 12 inch..what size are you guys using and are you happy or wish you went bigger?
I'm happy with the 9". I started with the 7" and it was a no go. I'm 5'10" and I see over the top no matter where I have it adjusted. I do have short (30") legs, so my torso may be longer. Hopefully not freakishly so, though.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Plus 1 on the 9" screen ..... 5ft 10 and it works for me..... i went for the light tint.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts

as close as I can find

·
Premium Member
42 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Registered