Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the OPT7 for my 2007 Vulcan 900 classic LT. After spending an hour trying to get it in I gave up. I got instruction on how to take the little screw out and twist it out of the lock. When I tried to put the rubber boot on I could not get it to seat down. This is not Plug and Play.

When you replace the original bulb..you undo the latch and put a new bulb in plain and simple.

I called OPT7 and they suggested leaving the rubber boot off to make it easier. I just laughed and sent it back. they claim free return shipping if it doesn't work as advertised. I had to pay the return shipping.

from their web site

True Plug-N-Play
Made to fit perfectly in your motorcycle's stock headlight housing and plugs directly into your OEM sockets. These bulbs are CanBUS-Ready and will work with any motorcycle's computer system without error.

motorcycle led headlight plug n play

So tell me what does true Plug and Play mean?

Should I have to take it apart and put it back together and leave original boot off head light to keep water from getting in??

Made to fit perfectly my???? give me a break.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have been running OPT7 led headlight in my 900 for almost a year. I don't recall haveing any issues installing it. Totally worth the upgrade, it is so much brighter then my HID conversation. Best of all it takes up so much less room. The wire harness into the beadlight bucket is nice and slim now.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been running OPT7 led headlight in my 900 for almost a year. I don't recall haveing any issues installing it. Totally worth the upgrade, it is so much brighter then my HID conversation. Best of all it takes up so much less room. The wire harness into the beadlight bucket is nice and slim now.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Did you have to take it apart to install it? Did you get it over the rubber boot? Is you bike a Custom 900 or classic..Then it shouldn't make a difference. Sure seems odd I received a special instruction sheet that recommended leaving the rubber headlight cover off and two take it apart to make it fit. I tried it without the rubber headlight cover and it worked. Then I am sure I would have got condensation in the headlight assembly. I will find an Led bulb. One that is truly plug and play.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed one yesterday on my custom.. I didn't read the instructions, and assembled it the way i thought it should go. I removed the screw on the hinge side of the retaining clamp, slid it through, and then rescrewed it down.... then i read the directions prior to throwing them out... crap.

so i tried to manipulate it to work with the rubber headlight piece... couldn't do it because the handle for the spring stuck up too far and was hard contacting the cooling fins.

I sniped and rebent the wire arm holding the plastic shroud in... installed the boot, and quarter turned the bulb in without a problem.

If i had to remove the bulb again, i'd need a flathead screw driver to push down on the wire arm, and it'd come out easy.... it just stuck up way too far factory to get the LED bulb in there. it's ....bright.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts