Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
My wife took the HD Riders Edge course. It's an excellent course! She took hers on a Buell but I think now they are using the new HD Streets, which is probably an improvement. They had a lot of issues/failures with the Buells during the course. They spent plenty of time during the class trying to convince the class to buy a particular brand, ha! But that's hardly an issue; definitely an excellent course. And it is an MSF course; so in some states that replaces your skills test and entitles you to a motorcycle endorsement.

EVERYONE should take that, or a similar MSF course, regardless of how experienced they are on two wheels! Kudos to HD for making it more accessible to veterans.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Free is always good!.. Learning something to better yourself, is icing on top.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Very nice gesture by HD...I keep forgetting MSF courses aren't free in every state like they are in Pa...

·
Premium Member
499 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Reading this post was perfect timing for me. I live in Florida and planned to call and schedule my class to obtain my motorcycle endorsement from the local Harley dealer this week. The Harley dealer is the only one to offer a Safety Course in this area. This'll save me close to $200. :)

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you mind if I put this on a different website? It's not a motorcycle website but a lot of veterans and are on it. It's a fishing website.
Oh, by all means - share it with everybody!!!

Reading this post was perfect timing for me. I live in Florida and planned to call and schedule my class to obtain my motorcycle endorsement from the local Harley dealer this week. The Harley dealer is the only one to offer a Safety Course in this area. This'll save me close to $200. :)
That's awesome! Glad somebody can benefit from it!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I started another thread on this, I couldn't remember where I had seen it.
Sorry.

I took this course as a refresher last weekend. Even if you can get it free from the state, this is probably better, for nothing more than class size. They didn't pressure us at all about buying their brand, or anything else, very good class!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I took the Rider's Edge basic course 3 years ago at our local Harley dealership. Had my wife take it with me so she could learn. The Buell's definitely had been beaten up. Overall, I thought the course was really well done, though Romans is right, they do also spend a considerable amount of time on the sales side...having you look at Harleys, accessories, and apparrel.

I'm taking the advanced riding class in a couple of weeks at the same dealership. Since it's only one day and on a Sunday, I imagine it will be 100% instruction and no sales.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Thanks for posting this! My buddy has been trying to get this done for a while, but financing has always been an issue. I checked into it for him and found out there were only 2 seats left for this year and HD will most likely not offer it again and the participation #'s have been thru the roof. He got the last seat in the last class for this year. Pretty awesome of HD to offer this for our active military and vets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts